Buying Advice Thinking of a new Kubota

/ Thinking of a new Kubota #11  
I have a L3560. I love the suspension, swivel seat and the Three Point Hitch telescoping and pin adjustable Lower Links. Mounting implements is a breeze.

I do not move a lot of material with the LA805 FEL, mostly I work in the woods. I have Kubota's SSQA L2296 Heavy Duty Round Back Bucket (495 pounds), which, on the LA805, is awesome at clearing out woods, both my itself and with a Ratchet Rake attached.

I think a horn should be standard on the open station Grand L's; a horn is standard with a cab. I mounted an aftermarket Stebel horn.

My only design complaint is the overly complex, mechanical "bucket level" indicator, which I wrecked the first day in Florida jungle. I removed it entirely. Bucket position should be an electronic display, NOT mechanical.

I am 66 and decided I deserved a 'Grand L' as my third tractor experience.

Nice photo's jeff, when you going to get that machine dirty?

/ Thinking of a new Kubota #12  
I've never saw a bucket level indicator like that??? I studied that picture a couple minutes and can't figure out how that works, and what all the linkage is about??

/ Thinking of a new Kubota #13  
I've never saw a bucket level indicator like that??? I studied that picture a couple minutes and can't figure out how that works, and what all the linkage is about??

I was thinking the same thing, mine is pretty simple and I've never snagged it on anything.

/ Thinking of a new Kubota #14  
WilliamK. I just did a line for line comparison of the L4060 and the L4760. Almost exactly the same. What I dont understand is the HP difference, with both having the same bore & stroke, displacement & rated speed. I also like the 4760 with HST. lt190b

/ Thinking of a new Kubota #15  
WilliamK. I just did a line for line comparison of the L4060 and the L4760. Almost exactly the same. What I dont understand is the HP difference, with both having the same bore & stroke, displacement & rated speed. I also like the 4760 with HST. lt190b

I think you will find the same thing comparing an L5240 to L5740 or M8540 to M9540.

/ Thinking of a new Kubota #16  
I think in some cases there's a turbo added. In the 8540/9540 instance I'm thinking it's injector size and/or fuel pressure.

/ Thinking of a new Kubota
Thanks for the replies. One big consideration for me is the dealers, when I first started looking for a new tractor I went to the JD dealer and was very disappointed in them it was like they were doing me a big favor just to give me a price. The Kubota dealer is also giving me twice as much for trade in on my 2320 compared to what JD will give me.

/ Thinking of a new Kubota #18  
WilliamK. What should a guy be prepared to spend on a Grand L 4760 in ND? If that is a fair question. lt190b

/ Thinking of a new Kubota #19  
You'll definitely see a difference in dealers. Not just because of what brand they sell. You'll just see a difference. I've got a Kubota dealer 35 miles from me. The only time I shadow their property is to check out new models out front. I tried 3 times to buy a new tractor there and never even got any followup. 3rd time I was there the salesman walked right past me without so much as a nod. I waited until he walked past me the second time and as he passed I asked if he had a minute, he said sure, come on back. There was no one in his office. I spent 2 minutes telling him what I was looking for in a new tractor while he piddled on his computer with no eye contact. I stopped talking and he didn't even look up. I stood up and said thanks, he said you bet, I walked out. :(

/ Thinking of a new Kubota
I was quoted 53 with a fel and a 74" front mounted snow blower.