Three day challenge

stuckmotor

Elite Member
Tractor
AC WD 34 hp/3500 lbs MF 261 60 hp/5380 lbs
Got ya covered. I haven't had a drink since the 80s. Ate some rum cake since, that had the rum added AFTER cooking and was afraid to drive home.

Last edited:

Dftodd

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota l1501, Z121s
I WIN!!!! Last time I had a drink - July 4th, 2020. This is gonna be easy - you're ON.
You won. Mine was around Christmas time. Had a couple eggnog's at moms for the holiday.

shooterdon

Elite Member
Near Johannesburg MI but in the middle of nowhere
Tractor
2019 LS XR4140 HST Cab; 2020 Kawasaki Mule SX; 2021 Bad Boy 54" ZT Elite
Some people should not drink. It controls them. I know a few like that. Glad I am not one of them. Been drinking since 5 years old. Being raised Italian has its advantages. My family business in the little town we came from was running the local Cantina. My dad made wine in 10,000 liter barrels.

For those of you struggling, three days is not enough if you cannot control it. AA works. I know a guy that went to AA and it saved his life.

Diggin It

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS MT125 TLBM
Just took a sip of this for y'all. You can thank me later.

Jim-Beam-Peach-Liqueur-375.jpg

Cat385B

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey GC1723e
I’m pretty sure I could, but have decided not to risk it.

Fuddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
1973 Economy and 2018 John Deere 3038E
There's something I never understood about drinking, maybe someone has the answer.

When wife and I were in teens thru 20's we drank quite a lot. We had lots of "friends" (" "'s meaning drinking friends). One was my best childhood friend and every Saturday night a party, 30-40 people. Then the drive home (I was lucky) and a Sunday hangover. Then I say why not us go to the party, fooling everyone by drinking soda, a blast watching everyone else getting blasted. So we did and it was great. Never invited to another party.
Here I buy land next to neighbors we knew but not real well. I'm doing some work over there, guy's talking so glad I bought property then "have a beer!". I politely said we don't drink, but a Pepsi would be great!
Now they never even wave at us.
Other neighbors we get along great, and they offer wine...same thing. We speak, but not much.
Point is I believe most people drink. If you don't you're an outcast.
We've had so many friends (all rip) who drank in various degrees. That and an alcoholic brother is hard to take.
One friend used to have one cocktail a day. That's all...but he went to AA about a year ago. Nothing since.
I'm not being judgemental and I believe a huge part is genetics. Richard Overton was great, and almost made it to 113! Some Jack D. in coffee every morning along with a dozen Tampa Sweet cigars every day!

109-Year-Old Veteran and His Secrets to Life Will Make You Smile | Short Film Showcase - YouTube

But why is it if you don't imbibe you're chastised? We have few friends now.

bunyip

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti DK 5810 HST
Recently had an old man on the news celebrating his 102nd birthday, asked his secret was his reply was 'keep breathing'.

MoKelly

Jefferson County, Mo, ... about 35 miles out of St
Tractor
Bobcat CT235, Bad Boy z-turn, Suzuki Vinson 500 and F-150
Recently had an old man on the news celebrating his 102nd birthday, asked his secret was his reply was 'keep breathing'.

Reminds me of an interview with a college football coach. Reporter asked “what are you doing to get into the rankings “?

He said “well, if we win then we’ll move up. If we lose, we’ll move down “.

He gets paid millions.

MoKelly