Thumb Thumb install on Titan Forks

/ Thumb install on Titan Forks #1  

Underdog57

Veteran Member
Tractor
LS R4041H
image.jpgimage.jpgT My first weld/fab job (58 yrs old). Bought my first Tractor a little over a year ago and my first welder (Pa-300....Thanks SA!) about 6 mos ago. I have the Titan 48" Forks and the 36" Thumb. I used 2"x3" x 1/4" angle, 1/4"x2" flat bar, and some 3/8"x2" flat bar from the scap yard (.40 #).

I wanted to keep the Thumb somewhat upright and out of the way. In the lowered position the tip of the Thumb is 3.5" from the top of the forks. I don't think it not touching will be a problem, but if it is I'll weld an extension on it!
I welded every nook and cranny I could fit a rod into, just because it was fun and I need the practice! I bought a spare mounting plate and will be mounting that to my bucket next.

Thanks to all the great pics and ideas people have shared here at TBN...I used a lot of them! :thumbsup:

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    434.5 KB · Views: 333
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    447.7 KB · Views: 367
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    417.7 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:
   / Thumb install on Titan Forks
More pics;

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

/ Thumb install on Titan Forks #3  
:thumbsup: Gooder-un

/ Thumb install on Titan Forks #5  
I was thinking of doing something similar, thanks for some ideas I hadn't thought of.

/ Thumb install on Titan Forks #6  
Great that you finally got your thumb and 2 base plates. Looks good. Not bad for your first fab job. Keep us posted when you get the bucket one installed. Mine works great. I find I use my thumb on the forks much more than on the bucket but glad I have the option.

Great that you finally got your thumb and 2 base plates. Looks good. Not bad for your first fab job. Keep us posted when you get the bucket one installed. Mine works great. I find I use my thumb on the forks much more than on the bucket but glad I have the option.

Thanks George! I am going to mount mine on the bucket the same way you did yours! :thumbsup:

Update; finally installed the extra mounting base on my bucket (thanks George2615) and tested it out a little. It does hang over the lip a ways, but I would have had to raise the mount about 10" higher to make the tip meet at the cutting edge. It worked pretty good especially for picking up logs from the ends, they fit nice in the thumbs cradle, plus I see a boom pole in the future. I bought the Thumb mainly to use with my pallet forks so this is just a bonus. I can always rework things if I need to.

1 thumb & 2 mounting bases $615. delivered. = 2 Grapple attachments. :)

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg[image.jpgimage.jpg

Pics from the try-out, works good digging & pulling these nasty, invasive pricker bushes out.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

/ Thumb install on Titan Forks #10  
Again, looks good. I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of them just as I do. Nice to be able to switch the thumb from bucket to forks. As you saw, mine overhangs the bucket also but it's still very useful and cheaper than buying a shorter thumb just for the bucket.