Tie Down Straps with loops for tractor

/ Tie Down Straps with loops for tractor #1  

kthompson

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubotas B2710, M6800, L6060 cab, Volvo EC excavator, 2 ZTRs and various implements.
I have yet to find short tie down straps suitable for a tractor or such weight wise. Largest capacity is about 3,500 lbs. I want to use straps much like you do with a side by side or atv for hauling with chain and binder. I also am only finding them about 18" long which I think is shorter than needed to run around a four-wheel tractor axle. Sure, it is for rear axle. Looking for a source and recommendations. Thanks.

/ Tie Down Straps with loops for tractor #4  
a nylon strap that goes over the tire? or the axle strap with a ring on both ends? I am not sure one should haul a tractor like they do a side by side.

a bit more description could help out.

/ Tie Down Straps with loops for tractor #7  
4" is the only acceptable by DOT legal straps there are. My issue with straps on tractors is, too many sharp edges to cut them.
This is no longer correct. The strap can be any size as long as it has a WLL, working load limit, marked on it. I was just DOTed yesterday. Six 2 inch straps on 10,006 pounds of plastic deck boards. Each strap is rated at 3,333 pounds WLL.

Last edited:
   / Tie Down Straps with loops for tractor #8  
If you look up a "rigging supply" store you will find many different sizes and styles of straps with a loop on each end. They will have the correct markings on them.

/ Tie Down Straps with loops for tractor #9  
Don't have time to pull the regs out right now but I will and I will revisit this thread and quote them directly. I have a current copy of the regs on the shelf. All I can say is DOT inspectors don't always adhere to the citations.

/ Tie Down Straps with loops for tractor #10  
5030, thanks for chasing after this. Looking forward to your report when you have the time. I've always thought WLL and number of tie-down points were the determinants, rather than strap width.