Tiller Tiller recommendations

/ Tiller recommendations #1  

m1garand762

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota
I am looking for a tiller for my l 3901 I have pretty much decided that I want either a woods or a terra force. Has anyone ran a tiller on that machine I am unsure if I want the 62 inch or the 74. What other brands would you suggest I do not want a land pride and it will probably be reversed rotation some ground is heavy dense clay but mostly sandy

/ Tiller recommendations #2  
I would suggest a 66" reverse till. I had a Landpride RTR54 reverse till on my B7800 and it worked wonders in fairly heavy sod. Forward till has a tendency to bounce in hard material.

/ Tiller recommendations #3  
Yes reverse-till/counter-rotating tines is the best way to go in 66" for that size machine.

Just make darn sure your slipper clutch is well operating before each use.

Tilling in clay or rough soil is hard on a machine, so you'll want to direct that power into a narrower area for optimal results.

/ Tiller recommendations #4  
Back in the day, Long made robust tillers, have a 60". not sure they're in production today, reverse option in your case is wise, good luck

/ Tiller recommendations #5  
Have you seen these?

Reverse Rotation Gear Driven Tiller​

Series 972​

Taylor Pittsburgh’s Reverse Rotation Tiller is available in two sizes; 972-RGDT-60 (60”) & 972-RGDT-72 (72”). It is built with the standard features you’ve come to expect from Taylor Pittsburgh. The all Gear Driven, six tines per flange, slip clutch protected PTO shaft, and the heavy duty reinforced frame make this the ideal Reverse Rotation Gear Driven Rotary Tiller for any situation.

/ Tiller recommendations #6  
I fun a 72 inch forward rotation behind my 3901. Got it from agri supply as they are local to me. It does bounce if i move too quickly but does a great job and doesn't overly tax the tractor in low range.

/ Tiller recommendations #7  
I have a terra force 72 inch

/ Tiller recommendations #8  
I am looking for a tiller for my l 3901 I have pretty much decided that I want either a woods or a terra force. Has anyone ran a tiller on that machine I am unsure if I want the 62 inch or the 74. What other brands would you suggest I do not want a land pride and it will probably be reversed rotation some ground is heavy dense clay but mostly sandy
Reverse tine rotation is great for fall tillage when the ground is hard and dry. But if your second objective is to incorporate a thick layer of mulch, you will be disappointed. This type of tiller does a poor job of that. Forward tine direction is much better at mixing loose mulch into the soil.

/ Tiller recommendations #9  
All I can add is I have a Terra Force 62 forward rotation and it has worked great. It only chatters if you go too slow in new ground, seems it likes to have a decent amount of soil to bite into.

Last edited:
   / Tiller recommendations #10  
Have a Landpride reverse till but it is a 12 series. I have mostly clay and rock which the rocks (and size of rocks) beat the heck out of the front of my tiller. It looks like someone pounded it out from the inside. I know you said no to LP, but I think each manufacturer makes various levels. At the cost of all of these units now, you may as well pay a bit more for a more sturdy unit.