Tilt hydraulic cylinders out of sync

/ Tilt hydraulic cylinders out of sync #31  
I believe that I've seen loaders with SSQA and no mechanical connection between the two sides. Seems like that might be advantageous in some cases but not so much in other cases.

Last edited:
   / Tilt hydraulic cylinders out of sync #32  
True. Regen dump works well for what it's suppose to do though. So if you can make something cheaper that solves 90% of users needs, they really should be doing it. Grands & others have the fancier 4 stage valves, but a price tag to match (and lots of other features). Really I rarely ever use power dump on my Grand even knowing it's there. The only big issue is if you put a diverter on there, motors & single acting cylinders wont work. The easy solution though is put the diverter on the lift circuit instead of curl. That valve behaves normally.

And regen dump works fast too, because the fluid coming out of the rod side is available to go into the cap side instead of back to tank. But you don't have much power to pull yourself out of a mudhole. forwards. :) Of course you don't usually need much dump power as the load itself "wants" to pry the front of the bucket down somewhat via gravity.

/ Tilt hydraulic cylinders out of sync #33  
I believe that I've seen loaders with SSQA and no mechanical connection between the two sides. Seems like that might be advantageous in some cases but not so much in other cases.

I don't think I've ever saw that. Seems like it would be hard to connect to an attachment?

/ Tilt hydraulic cylinders out of sync #34  
I don't think I've ever saw that. Seems like it would be hard to connect to an attachment?

I have used Deere 541 and 740 loaders with their proprietary QA devices. The tractor side couplers have a dinky ***** rod fastened to the right and left coupler halves with pins 3/8 inch diameter or less. The pins fall out, the coupler halves are not indexed and the whole operation is a big annoyance until the pins are replaced.

/ Tilt hydraulic cylinders out of sync #35  
Thanks for all the suggestions. I also found a post from 2016 with pictures showing what it looks like where one side of the QA is up against the stops on the front end loader and the other is not. One of the suggestions on that post was to put a metal shim on the side with a gap to change the position of the stop, then curl the bucket in a little at a time, remove the shim, and check the gaps. It took a few tries to figure it out, but I was able to use the hydraulics to remove the "twist / bend" from the tube to the point I can now get the bucket back on the QA plates. Alignment is real close to being the same and nothing is binding when installing either the bucket or forks.

Learned my lesson and will never try to push again without an implement on the front end loader!
Thanks for this thread. Right-hand QA unlatched accidentally and I had out-of-sync tilt cylinders this morning. Took it to a shipping container and carefully wedged the right QA plate under it and gently curled up until the left side moved an inch or so. Fixed!