Time to Upgrade- Stuck in Analysis

/ Time to Upgrade- Stuck in Analysis #21  
I've been right where you are and these were a couple of my takeaways:

Kubota: If you can make peace with the treadle thing then it's a great choice all around. That was a deal breaker for me however.

Kioti: Great tractor at a great price but dealer and factory support give me seriously bad vibes. You may never have to talk to a dealer again but if you have a major problem or need an obscure part you won't get the same level of support and availability you would from Kubota or Deere (my opinion). That goes for general information and manuals too.

Deere: It's a tad light but I consider that an advantage when it comes to the yard and trailering. A heavier tractor isn't always better, and removeable, reconfigurable weight offers flexibility. You can also trust that Deere will be there to help, and that it can be easily resold when/if you want to upgrade later.

Some dealers won't even take a non-Deere/Kubota in on trade, and if they do, don't expect much. I can't count how many things like that I've gone into thinking "I'll keep this forever" but then end up trading away a few years later, so don't discount that regardless of what you're thinking today. And personally I wouldn't get too caught up on price. If you keep it forever the extra money is insignificant, as is the extra $50 a month financing. And if you buy your second choice you'll still be left wanting the one you didn't get.

/ Time to Upgrade- Stuck in Analysis #22  
Just going to throw this out there,

I saved $20K by not buying The Green One.

That is not a number to be lightly ignored. Sure as heck wasn't $50 a month either.

/ Time to Upgrade- Stuck in Analysis #23  
I went through the analysis wringer recently. Was considering the JD 2038R. Didn't have one in stock but looked at the 2032R and it is a beautiful machine. I'd still consider the 2038R if I were you. The extra hp might come in handy someday. After much analysis, I stayed blue, with the nearest dealer, and a Workmaster 40. Still impressed with the Deere machines, though not so much with the 3E machines that are more comparable to the Workmaster.
I would tend to shy away from the proprietary hook up for the loader, but Deere is starting to put the skid steer style on some machines now, no? at least, I read that somewhere. Operating the new tractor is like starting from scratch - everything is different, and feels strange. But at least they put the brake on the left side on these so I will actually be able to use them for steering if I want. That's a big plus.

/ Time to Upgrade- Stuck in Analysis #24  
You can put a SSQA setup on a JD. I think unless you own a JD you don’t appreciate there quick connect system. It’s very simple and adds no weight. The only drawback is if you already own a bunch of SSQA attachments. I own a bucket and forks so it works for me.

/ Time to Upgrade- Stuck in Analysis
Thanks all for your help. I plan on putting a deposit down today on a orange one.... L3301. Hopefully I dont have a panic attack at the last minute and decide I need a Grand L or something.

If all works out pics soon.

/ Time to Upgrade- Stuck in Analysis #26  
Thanks all for your help. I plan on putting a deposit down today on a orange one.... L3301. Hopefully I dont have a panic attack at the last minute and decide I need a Grand L or something.

If all works out pics soon.
I did the analysis paralysis back in 2013 and ended up with an L3800. Sold it recently to someone who was using a neighbor's Kioti and would have nothing to do with buying those. I didn't hesitate to buy orange again (I had actually already bought my MX5800 before I sold the L3800)

The only annoying thing with the newer one so far is that it seems to want to do a regen at inopportune times... like when I'm doing small, low RPM tasks. Only once has it been good timing (seems to be every 25-30 hours).

Neighbor was helping me mow with his M8560 a few years back and it went into regen and caught fire. But that was because he had a birds nest sitting on top of it. So, if you have it exposed, check things out occasionally (not Kubota's fault on that one)

But, back to your decision - I think you will be happy with it. Congrats.

/ Time to Upgrade- Stuck in Analysis #28  
My wife is sick of me deliberating and is urging me to buy something asap so all good there.

OK, I want one of those.

I would go Kubota, but all of my experience with JD has been with 50 year old tractors and I know nothing about Kioti. I didn't think the SSQA was that big of a deal, but I'm glad I have it (and actually took advantage of that before I bought my first SSQA attachment). I've never personally had an issue, but I'd avoid the pollution controls if the 25 hp will do it for you. Reading the spec, I had concerns about storing DEF in my barn in the winter, but people must use it in cold climates.

/ Time to Upgrade- Stuck in Analysis #29  
OK, I want one of those.

I would go Kubota, but all of my experience with JD has been with 50 year old tractors and I know nothing about Kioti. I didn't think the SSQA was that big of a deal, but I'm glad I have it (and actually took advantage of that before I bought my first SSQA attachment). I've never personally had an issue, but I'd avoid the pollution controls if the 25 hp will do it for you. Reading the spec, I had concerns about storing DEF in my barn in the winter, but people must use it in cold climates.
Compact diesel tractors dont use DEF. They just have a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) that passively and actively regenerates (burns the soot out) as needed. Pretty proven technology at this point.

/ Time to Upgrade- Stuck in Analysis #30  
The Kubota (at least the smaller ones including my MX series) don't require DEF. They do have a DPF and go through regen, but no DEF required.

I couldn't find a decent used MX5100 when looking for mine or I would have gone that way. I see a lot of the L2501's for sale around here - I am thinking people find them underpowered (I'm at 5000ft in elevation, so you definitely lose some power there - I like my turbo!)