Tire punctures?

/ Tire punctures? #1  

NativeSon

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040SU 2010
Well it's about time to hook up the shredder and get busy. I've got a lot of 1" to 2" Sweet Gum trees that I want to shred. Has anyone done this and had problems with tire punctures from the stubble left in the ground? My M7040 has loaded 6 ply R1"s.

Charlie

/ Tire punctures? #2  
I did a bunch last fall, so far no problems & I've been over the same areas twice so far this year - trying to discourage regrowth of some briars, etc.

Nick

/ Tire punctures? #3  
We did that last year with our M8540 and R1 tires as well as our L5030 with R4 tires without any tire damage and we cut some quite a bit bigger than that. We cut them pretty low.

/ Tire punctures? #4  
It might not work for you, but when I bush hogging, I run low air pressure in my tires. That way if I run over a stob or something it will push the tire in and not penatrate the tire.

/ Tire punctures?
Thanks for the input. I feel more at ease now knocking down those trees. I'm still getting comfortable with the capabilities of the Kubota. So far I have not been disappointed.

Thanks again,:thumbsup:
Charlie

/ Tire punctures? #6  
When mowing stuff like this, I keep mt FEL on and fairly low to the ground to keep the trees off my axle/boots/cab etc. and as a feeler for any hidden obstacles. I have also had to use it to back me out of a newly formed washout or two.

I try not to turn any more than necessary as this will expose your boots and let brush in from the sides.

/ Tire punctures?
TripleR, those are good points. Experience pays.

Thanks
Charlie

/ Tire punctures? #8  
   / Tire punctures? #9  
I still remember the feeling, when i ripped the side out of nearly new Coop tire on truck on a tiny stub.Then I remembered immediately, not taking out any warantty...Pockets inverted? Jy.