Tired of oil change bull

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Tired of oil change bull
Well, if used oil is better than new I have a great deal for you. Next time I change my oil, I'll sell it to you for what I paid for it if you cover shipping. You get better "enhanced" oil at the original "not as good oil" price. Deal?
Only if you ran your motors at full temp to get rid of condensation

Well, if used oil is better than new I have a great deal for you. Next time I change my oil, I'll sell it to you for what I paid for it if you cover shipping. You get better "enhanced" oil at the original "not as good oil" price. Deal?
The teacher in mechanics told this secret to my dad 50 years ago and he tried it and the teacher was right

Should we start talking about best filters now?

/ Tired of oil change bull #37  
I believe the engineers and designers of the engines know what they are doing better than your opinion.
If the people selling engines could claim that you never need to change the oil, they would. That would be a fantastic selling point. Even more so for cars, which will strand you someplace if the engine dies.

Take the advice of the people who have been designing and building tractors for decades? Or some guy posting on the internet?

Decisions, decisions....

Water in oil is immediately obvious. It doesn't turn it brown in the manner you're describing. In any real quantity, it turns the oil into more of what looks like chocolate milkshake. Oil turns darker in use over time due to particulates and carbon that build up in the oil and are suspended. Fuel and often small amounts of condensation (mostly engines that are frequently started for short durations or vehicles left outside in the weather with a lot of large temperature swings) are also going to be found in oil in higher concentration over time. It is a fool's errand to run the same oil for too long, IMO.chocolate milkshake is brown,

chocolate milkshake is brown, your a black is white kinda guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.