Tired of oil change bull

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Tired of oil change bull #41  
Everyone is entitled to their opinion even if it is wrong, things are MUCH different now than they were 50 years ago. Engines are built to much tighter tolerances than engines even built 20 years ago hence the use of lighter weight oil so it will flow to critical engine parts that would otherwise be starved for lubrication from heavier lubricants. And just because something feels slick does not mean it is still capable of doing the job, oil sample analyse is the ONLY true way to determine that.

You bought it, it's your so treat it how you wish but do not come here giving out info based on 50 year old ideals without in depth investigation to back it up. This to me is like saying medical advances of the last 50 years that helps you live longer so you can have these bogus opinions should be thrown out.

Anyway I see this whole thread is turning into a
angry-poop.gif
show anf should be closed.

/ Tired of oil change bull
Thinking back, your last thread was obtuse as well. I'm done with this thread as your comments fly in the face of what I feel is correct and prudent. I have to agree with others, you are a troll. Outta here...
The spines were stripped, Id need a new blower gear box, what would you of done, Its fine as it is

Last edited:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion even if it is wrong, things are MUCH different now than they were 50 years ago. Engines are built to much tighter tolerances than engines even built 20 years ago hence the use of lighter weight oil so it will flow to critical engine parts that would otherwise be starved for lubrication from heavier lubricants. And just because something feels slick does not mean it is still capable of doing the job, oil sample analyse is the ONLY true way to determine that.

You bought it, it's your so treat it how you wish but do not come here giving out info based on 50 year old ideals without in depth investigation to back it up. This to me is like saying medical advances of the last 50 years that helps you live longer so you can have these bogus opinions should be thrown out.

Anyway I see this whole thread is turning into a View attachment 856276 show anf should be closed.
Your right... My dads last car had aluminum heads and block, at 500tho we took valve cover off to look and the aluminum walls were black like someone painted them but no sludge , but 0-30 oil shake it and its like water, id place atleast 5-30

/ Tired of oil change bull #45  
Should we start talking about best filters now?
Is this leading to one of those toilet paper roll filter doo-hickies? As a mechanic, I've seen well maintained engines and ones that were not. This is why I always look in the oil fill cap before buying anything used. Also, pull the dipstick and look/smell the oil. Never just look to see if the filter looks new.

Is this leading to one of those toilet paper roll filter doo-hickies? As a mechanic, I've seen well maintained engines and ones that were not. This is why I always look in the oil fill cap before buying anything used. Also, pull the dipstick and look/smell the oil. Never just look to see if the filter looks new.
I do the same, look at fill cap, all i'm saying is sludge is created by mixing different oil weighs and brands not old oil, 15-40 diesel oil is very good oil, my dad would place it in his cars because a diesel works harder than a gas motor, higher compression, if you look on back it says you can place in automotive vehicles, but like stated in a post in this thread new motors have less clearance

Used engine oil has contaminants from combustion engines in them.
Oil comes in many colors, recycled oil is darker

Status
Not open for further replies.