To 20 serial number

/ To 20 serial number #1  

bwanaclyde

Tractor
Massey Ferguson TO 20
Hi. I have an MF TO 20 and wanted to know about the year. There is no I'd plate on the steering column so I found what I think is the correct number on the left side in front of the transmission "bell", behind the engine serial number. It reads 081Y. Attached is a pic. Any info is appreciated. Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_20230102_110629.jpg
    IMG_20230102_110629.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 83
   / To 20 serial number #2  
It may have one on a plate on the engine block, between the distributor, and the oil filter. This plate was on with helical drive rivets. So, it may have been removed down through the years.

Or it may be stamped on a flat spot some where low on the block, on either side.

So, sayeth the guys in having their Monday morning coffee. Good group of old farmers, ranchers and loggers. Ranging in age from 70ish to early nineties. The one who would probably been able to give a definitive answer died last spring. He had been living with COPD for the decade since I met him, and wouldn’t go on Oxygen. Gradually just went down hill and things failed.

/ To 20 serial number #3  
Hi. I have an MF TO 20 and wanted to know about the year. There is no I'd plate on the steering column so I found what I think is the correct number on the left side in front of the transmission "bell", behind the engine serial number. It reads 081Y. Attached is a pic. Any info is appreciated. Cheers.
What you are showing is a casting number not a serial number.

/ To 20 serial number #5  
If you go to Yesterday's Tractors, there is a correlation between the year and the engine serial number on the data plate on the left side of the Z120 engine block. Look in Serial Numbers section on the left of the page and search the archives.