To upgrade or not

/ To upgrade or not #21  
A good replacement for the 8n is a Mahindra 1626 or Kioti CK 2610. I prefer the Mahindra due to it being made in Japan.

/ To upgrade or not
One of the best things I ever did to my 8N was convert it to 12 volt.
Its a great little tractor but a few years ago I added a brandnew LS XR4155 to the lineup and very glad to have it, it makes many jobs so much easier.
Thanks for your input. I have conseidered converting mine to 12 and just staying with what I have, in all honesty the biggest thing I do with it, or would do with any other tractor right now is bush hog about 4-5 acres. Do you think Im ok with running that 6 foot hog on there

/ To upgrade or not #23  
Thanks for your input. I have conseidered converting mine to 12 and just staying with what I have, in all honesty the biggest thing I do with it, or would do with any other tractor right now is bush hog about 4-5 acres. Do you think Im ok with running that 6 foot hog on there
6 is a bit big. Depends mostly on what you are trying to cut.

I'd highly recommend doing the 12 volt conversion.

/ To upgrade or not #26  
Upgrade I ran Allis Chalmers B C WD WD$% and D17 open cabs all my life a few years ago at age 67 I bought a TYM 394 cab loved the heat and air. Just upgraded a month ago to a TYM 494.

/ To upgrade or not
Tha
Upgrade I ran Allis Chalmers B C WD WD$% and D17 open cabs all my life a few years ago at age 67 I bought a TYM 394 cab loved the heat and air. Just upgraded a month ago to a TYM 494.
I actually told my wife when we got married,(shes a nurse makes big money$$$) that one day she could buy me a tractor with an AC cab I ran run one when I worked on a driving range part time. Needless to say its been 15 years and I still have the 8n

/ To upgrade or not #28  
Another vote to upgrade.

/ To upgrade or not #29  
You said you mow 4 acres? Keep the 8N, upgrade the electrical when you have time over the winter. Buy a good quality zero turn and forget it! that is my opinion and you did ask for them LOL Good Luck. But seriously keep the 8n, a dealer will just take it from you for nothing and everybody else will annoy you with the lowball offers. She is reliable and can only get better now with a little love.....It don't cost you anything to keep her either!

/ To upgrade or not #30  
I have a 1952 8n I bought from a 95 year old man about 15 years ago. The man told me when I got it he had gotten tired of "little things" breaking so he recently took it to a tractor shop and had it completly "gone through" he told me the reason he was selling was "son I just cant get on and off of it anymore". I have about 4 acres of land that I currently bush hog. I was using my Pepa's old 5ft bush hog it broke, and I went off and bought a 6 foot hog, I just figured bigger was better. I also maintain the driveway with it using a 5 foot heavy duty box blade with rippers. Tractor is the orginal 6 volt system that can be kinda irritating at times, but my Pepa had a 528n and I wanted one. I wanted to get peoples thoughts on what I should do. Should I try to upgrade to a newer stronger tractor or run the old 8n with the 6 volt system. I would really appreciate everyones thoughts. Thanks in advance.

If the 8N works for what you are using it for, keep it. If not, get a different one. My guess is it won't be too happy running a 6' rotary cutter unless you are just knocking down some weeds, a 5'er was a better size for that 8N.

You have very little money in the 8N, it is easy to work on, and you can find about any part you want to fix the 8N if it breaks or wears out. There are good reasons you still see a bunch of 8Ns around 70 years later. This may be quite a bit different than a newer tractor, which will be expensive, be anywhere from not too bad to awful to work on (depending on what part of the tractor you are working on), may or may not be very long-lived, and you may or may not be able to find parts in the future, depending on the manufacturer and how widely the manufacturer used the specific part you are looking for.