Today, would you buy an EV vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #551  
Times are changing ....

And update - the ***** administration removed the obstacles noted in the article.

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #552  
No inspections in Michigan

And ICE vehicles already pay the tax when buying fuel, tax is added into the price per gallon
Stroke of a pen and you have inspections. My point, all vehicles now have a computer/GPS that keep track of miles driven, the technology is already there.. When there are enough EV's the government will demand a milage tax and ICE cars will be included. They will be double taxed to drive them off the market faster.

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #553  
Time to dust off the Model T… no speedo.

Or, maybe convert one to electric?

I occasionally see a yellow 1914 speedster like this driving around my neighborhood on nice days. I love seeing these machines kept roadworthy and used.

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #554  
It is a lot of fun and back before I started clocking in at 3:30am for work I drove it maybe once a week on my commute.

I did have to add an electric fuel pump as one stretch of road is steep enough to prevent gravity flow from tank to carb... although driving up backwards works and entertains!

It would be a fun project to make an electric Speedster.

Probably way over powered for the 20hp chassis.

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #555  

You really believe that? They are just saying they produce enough in theory to offset the fossil fuels they use every night. Still using a ton of non-renewable energy, but making themselves feel good about it.

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #556  
Times are changing ....

And update - the ***** administration removed the obstacles noted in the article.
I guess many wonder what the ***** admin. is doing for the rest of the country. I am sure a vested green California gets the perks it needs to help promote a policy with their "green energy showroom" Bad example of common sense evolution when you just add debt to cover the costs....... Ordinary citizens of CA can't afford it (so if they can, they move out)

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #557  
Stroke of a pen and you have inspections. My point, all vehicles now have a computer/GPS that keep track of miles driven, the technology is already there.. When there are enough EV's the government will demand a milage tax and ICE cars will be included. They will be double taxed to drive them off the market faster.

Sounds about right actually! Big brother LOVES adding more taxes. Why not double tax the ICE cars? Right? The way things are going right now this wouldn't surprise me one bit unfortunately.

And I'm sure the state government would get some $$$ out of inspections if they started that program up too.

All this is one more reason why people will fight the government tooth and nail... If you don't, they'll take take take. They'll never stop, they don't have anyone to stop them.

The government needs a reset button... and a 100K Salary cap across the board. Get the greedy people out and get people that give a crap in.

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #558  
The government needs a reset button... and a 100K Salary cap across the board. Get the greedy people out and get people that give a crap in.
$100K is too high...$75K sounds about right

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #559  
   / Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #560  
Jim Jones would be jealous of the green revolution and it's believers.

Status
Not open for further replies.