Today, would you buy an EV vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #511  
That is because it is more dangerous than a two-stroke because of that torque you mentioned. Look and try to find chain saw chaps that are rated for an electric chain saw. Most chaps on them now state NOT rated for an electric chain saw. There are only 2, maybe 3, chaps that are electric chainsaw rated.

Now this is some valuable helpful information! Really. I didn't realize that the safety equipment manufacturers were signaling that the torque was that much greater.

A chainsaw is one of those tools that I didn't think we could make any more dangerous!

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #512  
Yep! Building them uses no hazardous chemicals, charging them is free and the power plants that charge them make zero pollution!
Someone pass the Kool Aid, while I feed my unicorn….
Dont forget you cant sell them after you have them for 5 years or more, they are going to end up in landfills as you cant crush them, and the batterys will be next 'nuclear waste' for us to worry about, but got to have everyone drive them or the world will collapse... Column: The end of the world is coming, even if you've heard it all before

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #513  
- Battery recycling- Both Tesla and VW have come up with methods to recycle the lithium batteries in their cars. I don't know about Tesla, but VW is saying they can get at least 95% of the materials back from the battery to be reused.
- Two years ago I read a report that looked at the environmental impact of various cars, from cradle to grave. Tesla had the highest impact, was the worst overall.
- I did seriously look at the VW ID4 EV, even ordered one and test drove it when it came in. I turned it down for several reasons. I can see myself in an EV for my next car as my grocery getter local shopping vehicle, but that is a few years away.
- According to several studies, if everything in the "Green New Deal" is enacted to reduce pollution in the US, it would make less than a 2% reduction in overall pollution. That seems like a very high price to pay for a minimal improvement.

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #514  
Dont forget you cant sell them after you have them for 5 years or more, they are going to end up in landfills as you cant crush them, and the batterys will be next 'nuclear waste' for us to worry about, but got to have everyone drive them or the world will collapse... Column: The end of the world is coming, even if you've heard it all before
If you click on the link and then the author's twitter link, you see he just another *******...not neutral at all. Read for yourself...

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #515  
Here’s another thought on EV’s. The gubment isn’t going to let you drive them much longer until you’re forced to stick a GPS or other device on your car. They’ll be more than happy to send you a bill for $0.50 or whatever per mile for road tax.

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #516  
The government plan is on track, as planned, for $10.00 gasoline and diesel. We are being forced into electric vehicles, really electric everything, by our government. (Sort of like masks and vaccines) It will be easy to control the population when there is only one source of power. Nuclear is the only logical source of power generation and, have you noticed, the government isn't talking about it.

My conspiracy theory: read "Rules for Radicles" government is on track for that too!

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #518  
That is because it is more dangerous than a two-stroke because of that torque you mentioned. Look and try to find chain saw chaps that are rated for an electric chain saw. Most chaps on them now state NOT rated for an electric chain saw. There are only 2, maybe 3, chaps that are electric chainsaw rated.
Thanks! Didn't realize this was more generally recognized as an issue. I figured it was just a matter of me as a noob getting used to a different power curve & lack of a clutch. The bottom line is that they just don't stall, and having the saw stall when it encounters something tough is a "feature" I've come to depend on.

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #519  
Don't rest the saw against your legs, and you'll be all set. :D
Seriously, that seems to be the safety viewpoint of some. While watching the news with my parents years ago they showed somebody cleaning up hurricane damage... running a chainsaw in shorts and sneakers. I had to leave the room. I won't even start the darned thing up without full chaps, hearing protection and safety boots. Sometimes it takes longer to get geared up than to make the cut.

I wonder if I would need hearing protection with an electric saw?

/ Today, would you buy an EV vehicle. #520  
Status
Not open for further replies.