TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,791  
I'll head out to the shooting range in the pasture and make sure my cleaning did the trick before tonight's hunt. As much fun as I have night hunting, I also loath night hunting. I'm not a night person and routinely go to bed between 8-9 pm, but easily get up at 4:30- 5:00am all on my own. I'll take a nap this afternoon and go out around 7:30. Probably hunt the same area, but I have 2 more locations scouted and ready if I hear the coyotes elsewhere. There's no moon, so moving around between locations is a pain. Last night had a little star light, but not much.

I know I'll end up going back to the Tikka for my night rig. I need to have the barrel shortened and rethreaded. I dread doing anything to a gun once it's proven itself, but those couple of shortened inches will make it balance and carry better and be less unwieldy in length with the suppressor mounted. Probably chop it to 20".

I've also been planning to buy a new thermal. Probably a Pulsar Thermion 2 XP50 Pro and I think it will permanently stay on the Tikka with some lightweight rings. I'll use my older Pulsar Trail XQ50 for swapping between multiple guns.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,792  
Have had one for years, even though here in Michigan, open carry is legal. I usually carry my S&W .44 magnum 'Dirty Harry' special but thinking about switching up to my .50 AE Desert Eagle if I can find a suitable holster for it. No heavier than my 44 actually. The 50 DE comes in at 5.5 pounds with 7 in the mag.

I like big bore handguns and rifles.
To funny Love to see the recoil of the 50 De in your hands Dirty Harry..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,793  
Baby Desert Eagle .40 I just picked up. Traded in my wifes Bodyguard .380 that was misfiring on it.
326803922_858416125246843_7042271049554460439_n.jpg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,794  
Baby Desert Eagle .40 I just picked up. Traded in my wifes Bodyguard .380 that was misfiring on it.View attachment 784208
A good carry weapon both single and double action. I dislike single action carry weapons. In the heat of the moment one may forget to cock the hammer and be pulling the trigger and have no noise being made.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,795  
I understand what you're saying.

When my 1911 (single action) would go into "carry mode", the round got chambered (the hammer was already back from the slide cycle), the slid safety got flicked on, and it went into the holster. If the trigger got pulled, noise was made. If I had to draw, the slide safety got snapped off as the sights came into line on the way up. Thankfully I never had to while "working".

Was carrying a full size 1911 as a duty weapon many years ago and some lady saw it/me and remarked that the hammer was back. She asked "Isn't that dangerous?" Me: "Yes ma'am, very dangerous".

I don't think she understood the point.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,797  
I still find myself carrying my German Sig Sauer P230 .380 the most. I think it would rate high on a list of all-time greatest concealed carry pistols (as would a PPK). I put a box through it when I was down at my deer lease this week and it's one of the most natural guns to point and shoot. SA/DA and a de-cocker, what's not to love? My carry load is the Remington golden sabers. Great bullet and has been 100% reliable in the P230.

The other guns I'll typically carry are a Keltec P3AT .380; S&W 642 Airweight .38spl or a Dan Wesson CBOB 1911 10mm. The Sig gets carried the most though.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,798  
Going to try my hand at some turkeys this spring. Issue is, I have none on my property or abutting properties. There is one close by Wildlife Management Area that doesn't require quotas (lottery draw), but its primitive weapons only (muzzleloader, compound or stick bow, and specifically for turkeys PCPs that launch an arrow). Now, "any legal rifle, shotgun, pre-charged pneumatic (PCP) air guns of at least .20-caliber, muzzleloader, crossbow, bow or pistol may be used to take turkeys" from FWC regs, so yes, a muzzleloader, shooting sabots is legal. Anyone ever hunt turkeys with a muzzleloader, or rifle for that matter. If it is legal, why aren't people bragging about their 223 turkey gun, or their 150 yard 50 cal muzzleloader turkey gun?

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,799  
Going to try my hand at some turkeys this spring. Issue is, I have none on my property or abutting properties. There is one close by Wildlife Management Area that doesn't require quotas (lottery draw), but its primitive weapons only (muzzleloader, compound or stick bow, and specifically for turkeys PCPs that launch an arrow). Now, "any legal rifle, shotgun, pre-charged pneumatic (PCP) air guns of at least .20-caliber, muzzleloader, crossbow, bow or pistol may be used to take turkeys" from FWC regs, so yes, a muzzleloader, shooting sabots is legal. Anyone ever hunt turkeys with a muzzleloader, or rifle for that matter. If it is legal, why aren't people bragging about their 223 turkey gun, or their 150 yard 50 cal muzzleloader turkey gun?
Not many people can make a neck shot on a turkey. Hey them in the body with s bullet and there will not ne much to eat.

I would love to hunt turkeys with my PCP .22. It will group 1/2” at 50 yards but I cannot use a rifle where I live.