TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,931  
Wow, I'll tell you what, loading the Sig P365 mags is a chore. In fact, I'm not sure it's possible to get all the rounds loaded without a mag loading device. I ended up buying an Uplula Universal Mag loader based on some searches to see if anyone else found loading these mags to be as difficult as I was experiencing. Turns out that I'm not alone. Supposedly, they get easier after being loaded and allowed to sit, so the spring relaxes.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,932  
Wow, I'll tell you what, loading the Sig P365 mags is a chore. In fact, I'm not sure it's possible to get all the rounds loaded without a mag loading device. I ended up buying an Uplula Universal Mag loader based on some searches to see if anyone else found loading these mags to be as difficult as I was experiencing. Turns out that I'm not alone. Supposedly, they get easier after being loaded and allowed to sit, so the spring relaxes.
I'd rather struggle feeding a reliable mag than struggle clearing a FTF due to an unreliable mag that's easy to feed...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,933  
Watching a video of LEO's using dogs for work, and something caught my eye that I had to replay it and stop it to verify I was seeing what I was seeing.

Are they actually teaching this now? IF so, I'm getting too old LOL

GUN?.png

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,935  
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,936  
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,937  
I sent a can off to get repaired by the manufacturer. When I got it home, it went into the safe without much inspection. A friend wanted to know the thread size, so I got it and the gun it fits and measured it. Before I put it away, I glanced down the barrel and was surprised by what I saw. Anyone see one like this?
I took a borescope and went down the bore which shows several of the dividers with the same shape as the one pictured.
David from jax

Attachments

• 20230604_233656.jpg
    20230604_233656.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 65
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,938  
I sent a can off to get repaired by the manufacturer. When I got it home, it went into the safe without much inspection. A friend wanted to know the thread size, so I got it and the gun it fits and measured it. Before I put it away, I glanced down the barrel and was surprised by what I saw. Anyone see one like this?
I took a borescope and went down the bore which shows several of the dividers with the same shape as the one pictured.
David from jax

I can't tell from the photo, but is the center of the bore unobstructed? The baffles are usually "clipped" or "notched" and are not a round hole. When I first looked down my Dead Air Nomad, I thought a bullet had struck a baffle, but learned they actually have an oblong hole. I have some precision rods I bought from McMaster-Carr that fit snugly in various calibers to check suppressor alignment.

Edited to add this net search info:
Basic explanation but: clips force gas across the bore line disrupting the flow and pushing gasses into the baffle chambers instead of straight out the bore.

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,939  
Well, it appears like an oblong hole, which is why I had to have it rebuilt. A bullet did tumble. or maybe several of them since the can is on a Ruger AC-556. They splattered and dents were in the outer housing, so I was surprised when they were able to repair it, and how well they did.
The borescope showed things I wasn't impressed with, such as the rough edges and hanging pieces that I thought a good machinist would have cleaned up, but since they did such a good job (and were actually able to save it), then I shouldn't complain too much!
Thanks for setting me straight about the oblong holes, as I didn't think it originally came that way.
David from jax

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,940  
That rough machining, swarf, will be blown off after 5 rounds.