TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,091  
Always liked the mariner version 20 ga but favorite shotgun Remington model 1148 28 ga

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,092  
I have 11-48s in .410 & 20 Ga and love 'em but wish the 20 had interchangeable choke tubes vs the poly-choke.

btw, I have a Rem 81 in .35 Rem that's also built on Browning licencse, but the barrel recoils within a sleeve. It's about as dainty as an AR 10, so a bit bulky for HD use.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,093  
The 28 GA has two barrels and chokes, granddaddy used to bird hunt I used his 1158 20Ga. He gave them to me in the 70s

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,094  
btw, I have a Rem 81 in .35 Rem that's also built on Browning licencse, but the barrel recoils within a sleeve. It's about as dainty as an AR 10, so a bit bulky for HD use.
After my FIL passed away in January, we brought his guns to our house.

I'm kind of scratching my head over a bolt 12 gauge with detachable magazine with a 36" barrel. Talk about long...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,095  
After my FIL passed away in January, we brought his guns to our house.

I'm kind of scratching my head over a bolt 12 gauge with detachable magazine with a 36" barrel. Talk about long...
....and accurate

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,096  
"Old hunter's tale"

Long barrels shoot harder.

Marlin-goose-gun.jpg

Bruce

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,097  
"Goose Gun" with a 36" barrel, an old nick-name. I've seen barrels as long as 40" in old books with that label. Marlin had a nice BA 36" bbl goose gun in10 Ga too. Savage's BA 36" might have only come in 12 Ga. They all used box magazines.

Also, in days gone by there were 6' barrels used to reduce pigeons problems roosting at night in municipal parks etc with minimal noise. They would be carried muzzle up vs lowered and raised for the shot.

I'd still like to run up on a Savage/Stevens 20 Ga model 58 for deer.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,098  
Those bolt action Savage 212 slug shotguns have a great reputation

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,099  
My Father used to have a Marlin model 55 bolt action 12 ga. Long story short, he loaned it to my uncle when I was still a little tyke, and I could never get it back. I found another one in a LGS a few years ago and bought it for $150. Even has the "Micro-Choke." It's not my Father's, but it is a reminder.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,100  
Always liked the mariner version 20 ga but favorite shotgun Remington model 1148 28 ga
I have a 28 gauge BPS that is a sweet shooter. A 3/4 oz. load patterns great for sporting clays, and now Hevishot has started selling 28 gauge tungsten loads. I may buy some of the special wads and a few pounds of shot and roll my own. The shells cost big bucks in the store, but are really cheap to reload.