TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,111  
I did a quick cleaning of my 'farm carry' pistol, a little Walther p22. It's been with me thru 99% of my daily life on the farm. Nice little gun.

I've been carrying a little Ruger .380 Auto LCP in my back pocket for the last 8 years or so whenever outside on my property.

Should probably clean it and try it out one of these days...

Thinking.jpg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,112  
I've been carrying a little Ruger .380 Auto LCP in my back pocket for the last 8 years or so whenever outside on my property.

Should probably clean it and try it out one of these days...

View attachment 708362

I have the exact gun on the farm.

It’s a great little gun.

MoKelly

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,113  
Most any time you see me, I have a Taurus 617 Titanium 7-shot 357 in a smart carry.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,114  
Fellow comes hunting here. I guided him, shot one moose 1100 yards. The year before 845 yards. He uses a 338 lapua.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,115  
You boys need one of these…

Attachments

• E3A43F01-130D-4ABC-B651-A09FF0F0A951.jpeg
    E3A43F01-130D-4ABC-B651-A09FF0F0A951.jpeg
    406.6 KB · Views: 61
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,116  
I had a friend at work who hunted deer with a recurve and had eaten enough venison by the time compounds came out. (late '70s? He stuck with fishing until he died.) Another coworker and then a family member got bored with compounds. One hunted with a longbow for 3 or 4 seasons, retired and went back to compounds after a while. The other 'built' a few nice bows and hunted with them until his walker would no longer get him to his stand. btw, I only hunt vermin vs food because I don't know how to dress came and my knives are all scary-sharp, besides me being so clumsy with wet hands. o_O

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,117  
When I was a kid, from the age of 10 to about 17 I hunted nearly every day or we didn't eat. Rabbits, birds, deer etc. Then I went in the Army and learned to hunt men. After getting out, I never hunted again. Not because I'm against it but, because I don't have to!!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,119  
I guess I'm to old school.

ANYTHING over 100 lbs that walks on four legs in the world, and you can feel comfortable with hitting out to 100 yards, will be taken down with a .45-70 depending on the load-bullet combo.

Thing is, the .45-70 is just too plain jane and not great marketing material IMO.
I was not thinking of the Henry 45-70 lever....I like the .45 Colt Big Boy. 11 rounds, still hits hard, but doesn't carry too far. The .45-70 only has 5 rounds. (both numbers include one chambered)

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,120  
The Mrs. Carries a Walther 380 Auto. Fits her hand better than my Glock.

What? She doesn't like holding a brick? :ROFLMAO: One of my carry faves is a Makarov, a Soviet knock-off of the PP with maybe a dozen fewer parts. Same hand fit & weight, fixed barrel, and my most accurate to 'shoot from the hip' w/o using sights. ("natural ergonomics", one-size fits 100s)

Ammo is as powerful as .380 auto (9x17) and a lot cheaper. CZ 82 also shoots 9x18 Mak, fits, feels, and shoots as nicely but holds several more rounds and has a much better DA trigger pull. I might carry the Kel-Tec P3AT before either 9x18, as a matchbook 'prints' in my pocket .. and there's no being discreet about my crack pipe, heroin rig, pack of Zig-Zag double-wides, or pot bud 'grinder' either. :sneaky: IWB? That's a larf as I seem to be tightening or loosening my belt every 1/2 hr to either sit down or stand w/o my britches sliding down.

btw, 30 YO cousin drove 100 mi and stopped here on the way home 'down-state' from 'up North'. After pulling up in the d'way and before he even got out of the truck he reached into a SOB holster (!) and whipped out a full size 1911 to show me. Yeah, he's a state cop now, gets free ammo for his .223 duty AR and whatever duty pistol. (Glock (y))
- - - -
Edit: don't recall my bloomeroons ever 'slicing' down. Corrected. (.. by the third try, .. cataract)

Last edited: