TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,121  
I've been considering a shoulder holster for the Glock. It is too big for cC, but I think it will be accessible that way without getting in my way as much as a hip mount while out on our property.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,122  
The gun I always carry around my place is my little Kel Tec PMR30, perfect tool for the job .
And the only 45/70 I've had was a 14" contender, mostly a pig gun, but took a few deer with it as well

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,124  
I've been considering a shoulder holster for the Glock. It is too big for cC, but I think it will be accessible that way without getting in my way as much as a hip mount while out on our property.
Try a hill people gear kit bag, I love this thing. Almost two years of use now, I never notice it, it keeps the gun from getting sweat/hay/dirt/etc caked on it.
51BBE6C0-8642-409C-A2EE-7839128E62A0.jpeg

2CE32C40-93A5-4144-90BF-71C8B3F240FC.jpeg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,125  
I was exactly like you as to why I hated Glocks.

A grip modification should change your opinion.
I’ve tried every Gen and sold them…until 5. Gen 5 has stuck around for a while and worked it’s way into the rotation.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,126  
@sea2summit thanks. That makes more sense.

My 17 is gen5. The 19 was too short for my hand. The bottom of the grip or the magazine itself was just hitting my palm wrong. The adjustable grips are nice to get a good fit.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,127  
I’ve tried every Gen and sold them…until 5. Gen 5 has stuck around for a while and worked it’s way into the rotation.
After I've done some myself and had some professional grip modifactions with the Glock, I'm more than happy with Glock. Will need to check it out though per the generation 5, but per costs, at this point in time, will probably send in my slide for work.

My gun buying has gone down substantially the last couple of years, but one thing I will get is a RMR on a Glock. Last weekend my buddy was over with a bunch of his friends using my backyard, I stopped in to see them, and my buddy bulit a "cost effective" RMR sight on his Glock and I still loved it.

Getting older, need reading glasses, and using irons past 100 yards is getting harder and harder.

THAT'S what ? I like about the 45-70 rifle with ghost ring sights 😁

Still love my CZ Omega for personal carry though. Kind of like a minuture Browning high power with SA/DA in a compact gun that has some heft to it.

Thing is, guns you love you don't want to carry IMO if you EVER have to use them for the vary rare case of personal defense because there is a good chance you won't get them back.

Beater Glock with a decent RMR is worth losing IMO if I ever needed it carrying.

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,128  
My "woods gun" handgun is a G20.

Shoulder holster should work fine. Thing is, if it's summer and hot outside, I don't see concealing it without a heavier overgarment (I use a button down oversized fleece shirt when it's cooler outside). Generally I only wear it when out in my back yard, so I'm not overly worried about concealing during the summer months on my property. That said, during the cooler months in NC, with that fleece shirt, not to hard to hide if I'm off our property in the woods;

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,129  
The vast majority of hunters do not have the skill you and your friend have. I doubt 1 in 1000 could make a 500 yard shot with the .45/70.
After I got into bow hunting, 100 yards seems like a mile ;)

Bow hunting kind of puts things into perspective.

That said, only 45-70 I've hunted with is a 18" barrel and anything past 150 yards was way beyond what I could expect to hit for a kill shot.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,130  
Thing is, guns you love you don't want to carry IMO if you EVER have to use them for the vary rare case of personal defense because there is a good chance you won't get them back.

Beater Glock with a decent RMR is worth losing IMO if I ever needed it carrying.
I hate that argument. The last thing I want to consider when I'm making a choice about use of force when defending my family is if I'll ever see that gun again or how much money I have in it. If I used it and it's successful that's priceless. The pennies you spend on even the highest end custom 1911 will be quickly forgotten as you hug your family after an event like that, and any gun can be replaced.

Triggers me every time I hear it at the gun counter, usually the counter guy trying to make sure he gets a sale today rather than making sure the person walks out with quality firearm they're happy with.

Rant off.