TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,191  
So, about my son wanting a 30-06, I asked him if their was a particular reason, as we have ammo, dies, projectiles, ect for 6.5 Creed and .270 Win. His response was that, everyone has a 6.5 Creed, and he wants something odd/out of the ordinary. So, in the mind of a teenager now, .30-06 is similar to 8mm Mauser or some other, semi 'forgotten' caliber. His reason for disliking Creed is probably similar to why I was never a -06 guy; growing up, everyone had one, and I have always liked something a bit different.

As far as 'Today's Guntime" we celebrated Soviet Sunday with some Mosin and SKS action. Couldn't hit crap at 100 yards with open sites, but its still a good time.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,192  
So, about my son wanting a 30-06, I asked him if their was a particular reason, as we have ammo, dies, projectiles, ect for 6.5 Creed and .270 Win. His response was that, everyone has a 6.5 Creed, and he wants something odd/out of the ordinary. So, in the mind of a teenager now, .30-06 is similar to 8mm Mauser or some other, semi 'forgotten' caliber. His reason for disliking Creed is probably similar to why I was never a -06 guy; growing up, everyone had one, and I have always liked something a bit different.
If you have everything for a .270, tell your son I told you he should go with the .270 over the .30-06, and he'd have no regrets with the .270 over the 30-06 ;)

.30-06

Hard to go wrong with the oldies but goodies IMO.

At least with fashion, given time, everything comes back into style sooner or later LOL

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,193  

As far as 'Today's Guntime" we celebrated Soviet Sunday with some Mosin and SKS action. Couldn't hit crap at 100 yards with open sites, but its still a good time.
From what I see, ammo is a lot more available for the -06 than the 6.5 and even the 270. Plus back in the day when ammo came in more than one bullet size per caliber, the -06 had a bigger range of bullets available. Now, since you have .270 dies already available, tell him that if he wants the -06, then he needs to buy a set of dies, etc if he plans on reloading it. Otherwise, what is on the shelf at the store is what he will be hunting with. Might change his mind if he is on the fence.
David from jax

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,194  
In the spirit of the popular TODAY'S SEAT TIME thread, how about posting your gun time activities. Shooting, cleaning, building, reloading, purchasing, etc. Of course pics welcome. Wondering how active folks are with their firearms and accessories, even when they can't get out to shoot.

I will start... Today I installed Talon grips on my full size MP9. I was very happy with the grips I recently put on my MP9 Shield I decided to purchase another one. I bought them on July 4th... Talon was offering $4 off in celebration. I highly recommend these.
Except for it being so miserable outside, I'd be out doing "Target" practice on then coons, ground hogs, armadillos & opossums on the property (along with the occasional rabbit eating my garden, or feral hog rooting up everything. Have plenty to shoot at without going anywhere else.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,195  

Best reason for wanting a .30-06 is to feed the M1 Garand or '03 Springfield. And I agree with buying his own dies, etc if he wants his OWN caliber.

As for the SS, my SKS and Mosins are able to hit at 100 yards; I am the weak link as with my eyesight iron sights are a guess and a prayer. With the scope on my Norinco SKS I can hit out to 100 yards. With my other SKSs and Mosins I usually only shoot at 50 yd or so. Just fun to shoot.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,196  

Hmmmmm... whats he wanting to spend on this ought 6? I've a M70 Stainless CRF, I might be talked into parting with, also have dies, brass, and about 3-400 factory (Winchester) rounds.

Attachments

• IMG_2192.JPG
    IMG_2192.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 52
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,200  
I will take Imperial for $200 Sea2.
(I didn't know there was a choice)
I saw one in a store the other day, pistol, 9mm, 17 shot
I’ve had 10/22 variants for…40 years? Still have my first one. The all metal are better than any of them with plastic bits and bobs in my opinion.

Don’t have the 9mm…yet. But with the mag well adapters you’re not limited to 17. I think Glock is 33 factory and 100 round after market drum? Then throw a binary trigger in it? I go broke just thinking about what my ammo bill would be:eek: