TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,532  
8 hours blowing snow.

image-2640494345.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,533  
Looks like I'll get to push some snow with the Deere next week. I'm looking forward to the seat time. :)

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,534  
living where I do, we almost never get snow that sticks.
But........
this weekend it's supposed to snow on Friday and then stay under freezing for several days.
so what comes down will stick.
going to be a wild time when the locals venture out in this stuff, they have no idea how to drive in snow.

No, I'm not going to put my heavy duty rear blade on and plow the two inches of snow. I have a 4wd truck so it's silly really.
73 inches of snow in Philadelphia the year I moved, most in New England are used to more.
But now is when I sure am going to miss the snowblower on the front of my Gravely. A rare hard to find implement, sold mine to a fellow
TBN'er that had been looking and looking. I mean, why take a snow blower to the coast of NC?
Thankfully I kept a few snow shovels and I know a few local teenagers who might like to earn some money. They may have never
shoveled snow before though.

if the snow is light enough, I'm going to try pulling my 8hp leaf blower behind the Gravely and blow the snow off the paved driveway.
Never done that before...first time for everything. If it comes to that, I'll take pics if only for posterity. The big snow of 2016....

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,535  
living where I do, we almost never get snow that sticks.
But........
this weekend it's supposed to snow on Friday and then stay under freezing for several days.
so what comes down will stick.
going to be a wild time when the locals venture out in this stuff, they have no idea how to drive in snow.

No, I'm not going to put my heavy duty rear blade on and plow the two inches of snow. I have a 4wd truck so it's silly really.
73 inches of snow in Philadelphia the year I moved, most in New England are used to more.
But now is when I sure am going to miss the snowblower on the front of my Gravely. A rare hard to find implement, sold mine to a fellow
TBN'er that had been looking and looking. I mean, why take a snow blower to the coast of NC?
Thankfully I kept a few snow shovels and I know a few local teenagers who might like to earn some money. They may have never
shoveled snow before though.

if the snow is light enough, I'm going to try pulling my 8hp leaf blower behind the Gravely and blow the snow off the paved driveway.
Never done that before...first time for everything. If it comes to that, I'll take pics if only for posterity. The big snow of 2016....

Drew, you are just looking for work now. Sit down, relax and have another cup of coffee. Let that little crusting of snow die a natural death.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,536  
4 hours moving riprap from 480 sq feet of concrete patio.

Once I got the crew a decent demolition hammer, things happened pretty quickly.

View attachment 456572

We're going to repurpose the big pieces for low retaining walls / landscaping.

Funny thing was, I was in 2WD most of the time and didn't even know it.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #5,537  
Had to adjust my 3PL so the mower would drop more when I went over a bump. It tended to lift a bit. Anyways I have it all spot on now and it is doing a great job. Was gonna go out and mow some, but it is too darn hot...

How hot does it get there this time of the year?