TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #10,011  
We hadn't planned on working at the farm today because of the storms, but we all went out to check on it after the storms and the ground was basically dry. So, we got out the tractors and went to work.

Resized_20190817_160814.jpg
Resized_20190817_153814.jpg
Resized_20190817_162518.jpg

Attachments

• Resized_20190817_161818.jpg
    Resized_20190817_161818.jpg
    760.9 KB · Views: 160
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #10,012  
BRMeyers, looks like good time together. Getting stuff done!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #10,013  
BRMeyers, looks like good time together. Getting stuff done!

It has been a great for the family. After several years of health issues with my mother and grandmother, who both passed away, having these fun times as a family with multi-generations is a great thing. I think dad is enjoying it the most and rightfully so, he has earned it after all the great care he provided to mom and grandma.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #10,015  
Got some seat time on my folk's porch looking out at the ocean.
Ocean.jpg

Closest I got to a tractor was a neighbor raking and baling
Raking.jpg Baling.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #10,016  
Howling, great pics, love the ocean pic with breakers in distance.
I'd run into a tree not paying attention if I were mowing there...
I wonder how many hours that old Allis Chalmers has.
Not one of their sleekest designs, funny how high style comes and goes
in tractors.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #10,017  
Been working on a food plot last couple weeks. There was tons of debris from my bobcat bush hoggin' so I broke down and bought a used 6' Landscape rake. Got the plot cleaned up real nice.
KIMG0136.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #10,018  
Just curious, how many acres there do you hay and how many of what kind of bales do you get out of it? I have a little 10 acre hayfield the guy up the street hays and gets about 15-20 bales a couple times a year. Your place just looks so expansive!! Looks nice too.

Sorry for the late reply, been kind of busy.

I have 31 acres and grow on maybe 30 of it. This year I baled 98 bales on the first cut. These were 3X4X8 bales, 1300 pounds. So far on the second cut I got 15 bales off the bottom field, I hope to get 30 on the top. Have not baled the top yet. 90% of the hay is Alfalfa with the rest being grass. It'a a nice hobby but I would not want to count on it for my bread/butter income. For that, much more land would be needed and bigger equipment than I have.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #10,019  
I've had a LOT of "seat time", thing is it was all on this old Sears garden tractor,

standard.jpg

As my wife and myself, traveled to and camped for a week, at an old antique tractor/engine show...

Media Gallery – Buckley Old Engine Show

We went there a few days early, met up with a bunch of friends, and it was a fun week!

SR

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #10,020  
^^^^^
That does sound like a good vacation.