Todays shop time.

/ Todays shop time. #151  
View attachment 496626

View attachment 496627

I already see that I have to modify the design little bit. I will split the door to make the top and bottom open independently to make it easier to dump paper in. To put screen on the chimney is excellent idea (as aczlan suggested). We have 33 ac of prairie just 50 ft away.

Garbage furnace 001.jpg

Garbage furnace 002.jpg

Garbage furnace after modification of the door. Now I can add more paper even when the fire is already burning without a danger some of fallimg out. Also added a screen on the top.

Last edited:
   / Todays shop time. #153  
The projectile is a 2 liter or 16oz bottle. I had a junk store bought one that inspired this build. It claimed 100 feet launches and wasn't far off. It would go higher then the mature oak tree by my driveway. Any guesses on how many psi a bottle will hold? Mine isn't quite done. I couldn't get the sealing o ring cut deep enough without cutting the pipe in half. I may end up swapping it for a threaded fitting and making a metal barrel.
We've done these with a father/son camping group, the kids love it as do the adults. With the correct nose weight, water amount and fins they can go quite high and straight. Higher than the trees by a decent amount. The ones I see they air up with a little pancake compressor, i think around 100 psi but memory is fuzzy on that. There are a bunch of Instructibles on how to make them.

/ Todays shop time. #155  
WOW you must have been hungry to eat all that in one sitting.

/ Todays shop time.
According to mythbusters the length of time on the floor has very little effect on the amount of germs the food picks up.

/ Todays shop time. #160  
According to mythbusters the length of time on the floor has very little effect on the amount of germs the food picks up.
Hey you are spoiling the running argument I have with the better half!