Top Brands

/ Top Brands #21  
How about keeping your 2520 buying another 2520? They could share implements. Having 2 is better/easier than just one.

My biggest complaint about my 2720 comes during the cold months. With the snowblower mounted on the front, I can not use the loader with bucket or pallet forks until spring when I take the snowblower off.

Pallet forks are a handy thing for me year around.

/ Top Brands
Bobcat tractors are produced for Bobcat as private labels by Kioti. The only two differences are paint color and price.

Direct from Kioti with orange paint they are cheaper.
Thanks

I didn't know that.

/ Top Brands #23  
Seems to me you are changing like for like. I would probably stick with the JD in that case and deal with the nuisance JD dealer. Especially if you value dealer networks as nobody else but Kubota seems to have a large established dealer network and they have a similar attitude as JD.
Clarified as JD = bigger farmers, Kubota = lots of smug dealers.
I never understood that argument. Dealer 'networks' are useless to 99% of tractor owners. If you didn't buy from them, many treat you like a pariah. All that matters, dealer wise, is that you have a good one that will likely remain in business.

I would not stick with a dealer who didn't value my business. Rewarding bad behavior just begets more of the same.

OP, what part of the world are you in? Responses may be better in terms of suggestions.

As Jeff said, Bobcat is made by Kioti, but they have their own loaders on them, not just a different paint job. Prices for Bobcat are also less at times. Get quotes on both.

/ Top Brands
I'm in Eastern Idaho FWIW.

Attachments

• DJI_0028.JPG
    DJI_0028.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 72
   / Top Brands #28  
What are the next best top brands that I should consider when I replace my tractor?

I have a JD 2520 currently. I know JD is king in the world of small tractors, but I'm not locked in to green tractors necisarrraly.

Besides John Deere and Kubota, are there any other brands that compete as far as top tier compact tractors for what I do?

I have 2 acres. Half of it is grass, so I mow quite a bit, but I often drop the mid mount mower in order to hook on to my tiller, or a blade, or a rake, or my quick-tach front end loader. In the winter, I hook up a front mount snow blower and rear mount blade. I also trailer my tractor quite a bit when I go tilling or moving dirt for friends and neighbors.

26 HP and 1,900 lbs has been enough for most all my needs. Honestly, the feature I desire most is probably the ability to quickly and easily change attachments.
OP, have you even attempted to do any research on your own before posting this thread?

/ Top Brands #29  
Don't forget, shop the dealer. If you get the best tractor and can't get service, it's not the best tractor anymore.
True. I am done with my dealer. Couldn't (wouldn't) fix the ZTM they sold me. Put off repairs, stalled until it was almost out of warranty (3 years). Finally got it back and after 2 hours mowing a part they worked on fell out.

But have found one only a little further away who seems to value my business. They fixed it and it's been fine.

/ Top Brands #30  
I like my current JD 2520 well enough. My biggest gripe is that the local JD dealer caters to big farmers and looks at me like a nuisance.

I was under the impression that JD lead the way for implements, ease of attachment, and the like. (Maybe I'm wrong)

Haven't started shopping a ton yet. I can probably find Kubota, Bobcat, and Kioti locally, but their sales stores are not going to be part of any big network.

I've got to have an easy mid-mount mower. loader, and tiller changeability.
Guess some JD dealers differ. My local JD dealer has a decated separate sales staff for compact tractors and lawn equipment. Also separate service technicians dedicated to the compacts and lawn equipment.