Top link of 3 point movement

/ Top link of 3 point movement #11  
One of my top links has a lock nut on it. If I don't use it it will unscrew itself. But only from the implement end.

I also would like to see how only the implement end of centerlink can move.

/ Top link of 3 point movement #12  
I don't know. Why is everybody pickin on me today? Oversized is on me on another thread. Does my last post not make sense. And I said Unscrews from the implement side.

/ Top link of 3 point movement #13  
Now y'all got me sittin here thinking I dreamed all that up. I'm going to have to leave early so I can go home an play with it. I will either post my findings or an apology for being the first to spew false bs on TBN.

/ Top link of 3 point movement
I will say this, the BB really ripped up the ice nicely. I started off using the BH to break it up, but that was taking too long. We have like 1 to 2 inches of ice on our driveway. It rained allot the other night then froze. What a mess. I almost slid into my neighbors yard when I came home from work yesterday.

/ Top link of 3 point movement #15  
I'm at work so without looking at it this is what happens. The turnbuckle nut turns toward the tractor nth reading it's self from the implement side. It tightens it's self toward the tractor. Which shouldn't change the angle of the implement but does make the top link look messed up. So tighten the jam nut and everything's cool.

Does my last post not make sense.

NO it dont.

IF you unthread from the implement side, and thread in toward the tractor at the same time, there would be no lengthening or shortening of the toplink. And thus not adjustable.

There are right hand threads on one side, left hand on the other. Turning so that one end threads in, they BOTH thread in and shorten the link. Likewise, turning so that it threads out, they both do so and lengthen the toplink.

Not picking on you. Just trying to help you expel the brain fart gasses from your head before they become to concentrated and you black out:laughing:

/ Top link of 3 point movement #16  
Ok I looked at it and studied it for 5 seconds. I must have dreamed it up. I should have stopped with my first post,use the locknut. If the op is getting vibration it could turn the center link and change the angle of the box blade. If it wasn't possible the locknut wouldn't be there. I don't know why I thought just one end would move.

I apologize for being the first one to spew false BS on TBN.
I apologize for being the first one to spew false BS on TBN
I apologize for being the first one to spew false BS on TBN

/ Top link of 3 point movement #17  
My Grand L's top link would "walk" loose whenever I used the brush hog, tiller or chipper unless I really socked up the lock nut tight.
Even then, after a time the nut would work loose..
I stopped it from loosening by taking a short length of clothesline and tied a bowline loop on one end.
I slipped the loop over one of the top link's turning "handles" and then gave it a few wraps around the center section of the turnbuckle.
If memory serves, the turnbuckle tightens when you turn it clockwise, viewed from the aft end of the tractor.
If that is correct, those few wraps were done clockwise around the center section of the turnbuckle.
The free end of the line was wrapped around the top link hanger and secured with two half hitches and I was good for hours of use.
The secret to this working right is that the top link hanger is springy enough to allow the 3pt to raise and lower without snapping the line.
If I had to tie off to something fixed, I'd try it with a bungee cord.

/ Top link of 3 point movement #18  
If memory serves, the turnbuckle tightens when you turn it clockwise, viewed from the aft end of the tractor.

Depends on just how you installed it.

IF the RH threads are on the tractor end, then yes that would be true.

But if next time you install it, you put the LH threads at the tractor side, that would be backwards

/ Top link of 3 point movement #19  
Good time to consider a hydraulic top link.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Top link of 3 point movement #20  
Good time to consider a hydraulic top link.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

That solved my problems, kind of. I leave my toplink in float a lot though, so it moves. Easy to fix that in 1 second though if I need to. ;-)

My toplink would extend several inches an hour running my rotary cutter.