Top link of 3 point movement

/ Top link of 3 point movement #21  
Ditto getting one with a jamnut. While I dont have an issue with the toplink, I did have a sidelink that would always unscrew unless I used the jamnut.

Could you explain how that is possible?

Surely: A thread on a bolt is really just an inclined plane in a spiral. If you placed a nut just siiting loosely on and inclined plane (a flat board tilted up at one end) and tapped the board repeatedly, what would the nut do? Wouldn't it slide off the board? ;)

/ Top link of 3 point movement #22  
Depends on just how you installed it.

IF the RH threads are on the tractor end, then yes that would be true.

But if next time you install it, you put the LH threads at the tractor side, that would be backwards

Yes, now that you mention it. Good explanation.
But my top link has a lock nut on it, which I always install on the implement end, so in my case at least, it always goes on the same way.
I wonder if putting the lock on the other end would stop the top link from "unwinding"?
Sort of like those legendary left hand thread lug nuts on old (Chryslers?).
I, too, stopped having to think about all of this when I got the TnT setup.

/ Top link of 3 point movement #23  
Speaking of TnT.....I've been thinking of getting one for my B2650HSCD,the remotes are there to plug into.

Question....Once the length of the top link is set, does it stay or does the it require tweeking. I clear snow from multiple driveways with blower on front and a box blade in back. The box blade works well for pulling snow away from garage doors etc. Some of the drives are paved and some gravel and I find angling the blade backward on gravel helps to prevent pulling stones along with the snow...Angling forward (more agressive)does a good job on pavement. Would be nice to adjust from inside the tractor cab.

/ Top link of 3 point movement #24  
Speaking of TnT.....I've been thinking of getting one for my B2650HSCD,the remotes are there to plug into.

Question....Once the length of the top link is set, does it stay or does the it require tweeking. I clear snow from multiple driveways with blower on front and a box blade in back. The box blade works well for pulling snow away from garage doors etc. Some of the drives are paved and some gravel and I find angling the blade backward on gravel helps to prevent pulling stones along with the snow...Angling forward (more agressive)does a good job on pavement. Would be nice to adjust from inside the tractor cab.

It depends on the quality of the valves. If you have cheap valves that leak, your toplink will drift a bit, maybe an inch or two an hour. Mine leaks an inch or three a week.

I tweak my toplink often with the box blade working dirt. Not that much with my back blade, but I do a bit. Often as much to get extra height when its lifted. The angle the blade intersects the ground helps with how aggressively it cuts or scrapes. Vertical or negative angle isn't aggressive. The edge pointing forward is more aggressive.