top link question

/ top link question #1  

joeu235

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4020 / 6403 / 317 Ford 5600
Anyone know where I can buy a top link with a class II on one end and a class I on the other? Class II is too wide to fit on a 3 pt hay fork. I'll cut the connection apart and re weld on the implement if necessary but a hybrid top link would be much easier.

/ top link question #2  
Anyone know where I can buy a top link with a class II on one end and a class I on the other? Class II is too wide to fit on a 3 pt hay fork. I'll cut the connection apart and re weld on the implement if necessary but a hybrid top link would be much easier.

So you want a cat 2 tractor end and a cat 1 rod end, or just a narrow (1 3/4") cat 2 rod end?

I can build whatever you need. What tractor is this for?

/ top link question
More narrow rod end is fine. JD 6403

/ top link question #4  
I made one up and have been using it for years. The threads are the same so I just bought a CAT II end. I like it because it's not so bulky and heavy.

Probably got it at TSC

Last edited:
   / top link question #6  
when i got my new 3930 ford newholland it came with it just like you want.

/ top link question #8  
Hello joeu235, when I had that problem I just ground down one end of a cat II top link to fit (both sides so it stayed centred ).

/ top link question #9  
Hello joeu235, when I had that problem I just ground down one end of a cat II top link to fit (both sides so it stayed centred ).
I did the same thing once so it fit into the narrow hitch on the tractor. It was a Cat II in pin size but too narrow for the ball to fit so a couple minutes with a grinder solved the problem.

/ top link question #10  
They make them. Alot of cat 1/2 oem tractors come from the factory with just such a toplink.

My own Kubota MX toplink is like that.