top link..

/ top link.. #1  

gravelman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota 2650
trying to hook up a woods 4 ft rotary cutter to a Mahindra sub compact... the top link is 10" and does not pick up the mower like it should...is there a smaller cat 1 out there? i think that would do the trick? never ran into this problem before. any advice much appreciated.

/ top link.. #2  
Remove the toplink and replace it with a shorter chain:

chain toplink_640.jpg

/ top link.. #3  
You can experiment with varying lengths of chain to determine what length top link you actually need. On the other hand you may be happy enough withe the chain that it becomes your top link.

/ top link.. #4  
trying to hook up a woods 4 ft rotary cutter to a Mahindra sub compact... the top link is 10" and does not pick up the mower like it should...is there a smaller cat 1 out there? i think that would do the trick? never ran into this problem before. any advice much appreciated.
Check Tractor Supply to see what top links they have. I got two different lengths of adjustable cat 1 top links for different attachments.

/ top link.. #6  
Check Tractor Supply to see what top links they have. I got two different lengths of adjustable cat 1 top links for different attachments.
I think they sell 3 dif length top links.

/ top link.. #7  
I think they sell 3 dif length top links.
I think at least three last time I was looking. Price isn't too crazy either.

/ top link..
i will do that....thanks very much

/ top link.. #9  
A picture is a good idea. What about your lower lift arms? My tractor has a high and low position there and it makes a huge difference for certain implements. What hole are you using for the top link where it connects to the tractor? There is always a chain orshorter TL as mentioned already.