Total noob. Mowing with Toolcat on a hill vs Ventrac vs Kubota L3902

/ Total noob. Mowing with Toolcat on a hill vs Ventrac vs Kubota L3902 #42  
I have come to the same conclusion. I think the situation may call for 2 different pieces of equipment, one for safe mowing, and one for tractor stuff. Now, that's just a crying shame, huh?(NOT!!):ROFLMAO:
Thatā€™s where the PowerTrac slope mowers excel. They have FEL arms built in. The mower is on the FEL arms. Disconnect the hydraulic hoses, get back on the machine, pull a valve lever, the mower drops off. Drive over, pick up a bucket, post hole digger, post pounder, forks, brush cutter, stump cutter, tiller, whatever, and do other stuff besides mowing.

Also, the slope mowers have tilt seats for across-slope travel. The machine may be at a 45 degree angle, but the operator is level.

/ Total noob. Mowing with Toolcat on a hill vs Ventrac vs Kubota L3902 #43  
This is an issue that can only be solved by either experience or something with a suspension.
-------------------------------
Or... stick with the Toolcat. It may be everything you need and not give you that sinking feeling in your gut as you mow on an incline.
Right the Toolcat has independent suspension front and rear:
P7280014.JPG
P7280020.JPG

/ Total noob. Mowing with Toolcat on a hill vs Ventrac vs Kubota L3902 #44  
I have seen that Cub Cadet with the steering system for the front wheels on the ZTR, and I was really thinking that might be the ticket. But looking deeper, the next availability is April 2023, per Cub Cadet.
My dad had a neighbor with a very steep area to mow. He invited dealers to come and demo products and at least one crashed. He ended up with a commercial Cub Cadet ZTR that had a steering wheel that also controls the front wheels. He loved it!

/ Total noob. Mowing with Toolcat on a hill vs Ventrac vs Kubota L3902 #45  
Steiner or Ventrac is the way to go add dual wheels and climb up walls. "kidding". There are thirty + attachments and 3 models of power source for the 4500 series.

/ Total noob. Mowing with Toolcat on a hill vs Ventrac vs Kubota L3902 #46  
Went to a friendā€™s house today to pick up some beef he raised. Heā€™s working on a project for his daughter. She lives in Kentucky with some steep hills on her property. The person that used to mow it has retired and they can find no one to do the task. So, he found plans to make a remote controlled hill mower.

He cannibalized a Murray 50ā€ riding mower front end to power the deck with the gas engine. He found an electric wheel chair with 2 drive motors for $25 that heā€™s going to use to drive tracks with batteries for steering and propulsion. Heā€™ll put casters on the front of the rider so it swivels. And he found a snowmobile for a few bucks that heā€™s taking the belt off of, splitting down the middle, and using that for the left and right tracks. He found an airplane remote control with 10 outputs for cheap to use to control it.

Heā€™s tempted to use the outputs for starter, choke, throttle, deck raise/lower, steering, forward/reverse. Iā€™m trying to talk him into ā€˜Keep It Stupid Simpleā€™ and just key start the gas motor, and manually set the throttle and deck height to full. Then heā€™d only need to control left and right track speed and direction. But heā€™s always liked a challenge and has been fabricating neat stuff for 50ish years.

Anyhow, I asked him to take pictures as he proceeds. Should be interesting.

/ Total noob. Mowing with Toolcat on a hill vs Ventrac vs Kubota L3902 #47  
Here is a link to a review of the ToolCat. He has several videos of him doing various things with it.
Nater Taterā€¦.

/ Total noob. Mowing with Toolcat on a hill vs Ventrac vs Kubota L3902 #49  
I live in a flat area but when I go to the mountains I see three things on steep hills, people with weed eaters, ventracs and remote control mowers.

/ Total noob. Mowing with Toolcat on a hill vs Ventrac vs Kubota L3902
Thatā€™s where the PowerTrac slope mowers excel. They have FEL arms built in. The mower is on the FEL arms. Disconnect the hydraulic hoses, get back on the machine, pull a valve lever, the mower drops off. Drive over, pick up a bucket, post hole digger, post pounder, forks, brush cutter, stump cutter, tiller, whatever, and do other stuff besides mowing.

Also, the slope mowers have tilt seats for across-slope travel. The machine may be at a 45 degree angle, but the operator is level.
I would absolutely love to have one. They look incredible. If they had a dealer network where I could get it serviced, I would already have one. I sure looks like quite the piece of equipment for owners who want to do their own repair work. I may yet pay them a visit, since their factory is only 90 miles from my land.