Towsmart

/ Towsmart #1  

tjkubota93

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota bx1860
After absorbing some info I have been ignorant to for almost 20 years (had the same 2" drop ball mount that long). I bought a forged ball mount (17k) and class 4 ball (10k).

I have been meaning to pick those up for a while. I had a few odds and ends to return to home depot with no receipt, so I ended up with store credit. Instead of saving for next project I figured I would wander around until I found something I "need". Instead of buying a cheap kit of forstner bits, I got a new ball mount.

They carry towsmart which is made in China. I did a quick google search and clicked on a few things and didnt see anyone blatantly advertising made in USA stuff.

Is towsmart any better or worse than reese, curt, buyers, etc ?

/ Towsmart #2  
Haven't used them personally but they appear to be decent quality, I use a couple different trailers so I have adjustable multi ball mounts.

Had a b&w and switched to a 2 ball Curt 20k lb adjustable when I got a larger truck/ trailer.

Seems it's hard to go wrong with most of the major brands, towsmart seems to be part of a company that had some interesting products.

/ Towsmart
Haven't used them personally but they appear to be decent quality, I use a couple different trailers so I have adjustable multi ball mounts.

Had a b&w and switched to a 2 ball Curt 20k lb adjustable when I got a larger truck/ trailer.

Seems it's hard to go wrong with most of the major brands, towsmart seems to be part of a company that had some interesting products.
Thanks. I put it on today before work. Figured if the weight rating is stamped into it, it better be at least that good.

Feel like a dork going from an old rusty faded one to a brand new shiny one. Figured folks would think I was one who bought a pickup to use as a car and got the hitch as an accessory. Kinda like having a new hardhat at work. That's how you pick out the newbs.