Trac Vac Pros and Cons

/ Trac Vac Pros and Cons #1  

edgarrian

Platinum Member
Tractor
NA
Everyone,

I had recently posted about my purchase of the trac vac. It seems like a lot of people have the cyclone rake which looks like a nice unit. The Trac Vac is listed at 3495.00 while the cyclone is 2445.00 for their top model but it seems that most go with with model that sells for around 1700. I however did get my trac vac for 2800.00 so not much more than the top of the line cyclone rake.

Pros: It does a fantastic job of sucking up the leaves. I can almost mow all of my yard before i need to empty the trailer. I mowed while the grass was still wet and it never clogged up. Easy to assemble. Its pto driven so I don't have to take care of another motor. I live 5 miles from where its manufactured. No fabric to worry about tearing or mice getting into.

Cons: Expensive (PTO Driven), Its bulky and long as are most leaf vacs, It requires the tractor to use more fuel b/c you are operating both PTO's at the same time. If you have a small yard this wouldn't be a good fit. You have to dismount the tractor to unload the trailer. I also have to use a shovel to unload the trailer. Its heavier b/c its not made with fabric.

All in all its a well crafted piece. Im happy with the purchase. I wonder why I waited so long to purchase. I guess thats a question we ask ourselves most of the time after using the implement.

Here are some pics. Before and After shot, and a look inside the trailer before unloading

unloading trac vac.JPGafter trac vac.JPGbefore trac vac.JPG

/ Trac Vac Pros and Cons #2  
Glad you like it! We have a trac-vac we bought at an auction for $550, it was like new. It's one with it's own engine and goes behind the mower. We have several large willow oaks in our yard and it's amazing the job it does. I learned if leaves are wet at all it doesn't do a good job. I had it hooked to our zero turn with a 52" deck and spent more time unclogging the hose than actually getting leaves up. Last year a man gave me an old Cub Cadet 1015 with a 32" deck, I thought why would anybody want a deck so small then it hit me, hook the trac-vac to it. I blew all my leaves into the yard then took the zero turn and mulched them and got them in straight rows then took the Cub Cadet and got them up, probably 10 loads in all and didn't have to unstop the hose once. I decided the Cub Cadet was a dedicated leaf mower, we got $30 in it, I'm happy.