Tractor backhoe - homemade

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade
#1,421  
Texasranger, I'm not sure my drone would fly because of the weight 😁. Gotta make it undestructable.
Probably natural...I started building my own toys at early age...

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #1,422  
Texasranger, I'm not sure my drone would fly because of the weight 😁. Gotta make it undestructable.
Probably natural...I started building my own toys at early age...
The Wright brothers built a drone 100 years ago and it did take off, it even carried a person...all you have to do is put a remote control to it...

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #1,423  
That being said, I can't to see this beast of a backhoe that BF is building. This thing is awesome!
Yesterday i saw a Youtuber dig a trench with a Case extendahoe telescopic dipper, which had no penetration force left with the dipper extended. So yes indeed, this will be an awesome backhoe. :)

#1,424  
This is one of main reasons I avoided telescope. The longer the dipper the smaller force you get at the bucket. At some point it becomes impossible to dig.

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #1,425  
You can dig by laying the dipper flat on the ground so the bucket cylinder wont push the dipper cylinder in while digging. But then you might as well use a clamshell bucket because theres no way you can dig a smooth bottomed trench by curling the bucket only.

How are you going to operate the variable boom cylinder, a foot pedal or a button on the joystick ? Direct control foot pedals offer better modulating than a black and white electric solenoid..

#1,426  
Well this time ti will be a solenoid. On my first machine I had foot pedals but I wasn't satisfied. I think this will be a better solution because all controls remain in my hands

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #1,427  
Well this time ti will be a solenoid. On my first machine I had foot pedals but I wasn't satisfied. I think this will be a better solution because all controls remain in my hands

Good call. You'll also need both feet free to control the future tilt rotator setup on that backhoe. :rolleyes:

#1,428  
I won't deny it because I took that into consideration. The only problem is I can't justify that cost...rotating bucket is expensive, but I don't really need it...the plan is to make wide tilt bucket

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #1,429  
Amazing as usual. :thumbsup: You sure can make a guy (me) feel inadequate :laughing:

#1,430  
Sooo, holidays are over, back to work. Today I made both stabilizers and adjusted hydraulic cylinders because they go inside stabilizer tubes so standard hose coupling has to be changed because it can't fit inside.

First I cut off those standard hose couplings and dissassembled the cylinder. Otherwise nbr seals would melt as a result of welding heat transfer...

Then I welded new custom made angle fittings with metal hoses and bend them to fit into stabilizer tube.

And last, testing of stabilizer tune inside main frame. It will have two plastic slides on each side to ensure tight but smooth movement while the stabilizers go in and out of the frame.