Tractor backhoe - homemade

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #1,531  
Thanks. Yes, I draw my parts alone and then buy material and go to a local workshop where they cut it with a CNC plasma cutter
I'm new to T-net. I cannot view your pictures. what do I need?

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #1,532  
Better than any commercial unit out there! Great work!

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #1,534  
Any tilt capabilities?

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade
#1,535  
Well this video shows all the functions; it's got 45° rotation, 15° tilt, 20° offset...both sides

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade #1,537  
Thanks, I've put alot of time into it
Your projects remind my of my Canadian cousin who took part in the local tractor pull with a Massey Harris 44. He got his hands on a cracked cylinder head, put it under the mill at work and milled it untill the coolant channels became open. Then he took his good head and milled slightly less than the depth at which the coolant channels were through. This upped the compression from 1:4.5 to 1:11 so he had to run it on racing gasoline. The cast iron exhaust manifold was recreated in tubular steel and sheet metal, and aged by dropping it in salt so it looked original.

He and his friend won every competition in the neighbouring towns by a large margin, up to the point that locals didnt bother to partake if these two guys showed up with their stock looking but very hot 44...

Their tractor had just outgrown the class they were competing in... 😉

....but nonetheless, please show us more, and tell us about your thought process: i always enjoy the work of fellow professionals 😄👌

Last edited:
   / Tractor backhoe - homemade #1,539  
nice! Love the parallel beams for the tailwheels.

Was wondering if you had thought to space the tail wheels wider apart? Of course, I'm not sure of why, just wondering.

/ Tractor backhoe - homemade
#1,540  
Beams are actually tubes 200x100x8 mm. No, wheels are spaced this way so they always remain on firm and even ground directly behind the center of the blade. This way we get the best support and avoid jumping and running on to larger stones, debris etc. When you offset the main beam and angle the blade without parallel guidance system wheels would end up on the grass beside the road.