Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick?

/ Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #112  
I drive by the Priefert facility every so often. Their tractors have their own branding on them.

/ Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #113  
WOW!!!! Yesterday I saw what had to be a new color for Toyota trucks. I would call it shiny split pea soup green. It REALLY stood out in the parking lot. I don't know if I could ever get use to that color.
Some of the tan and grey colors on recent Toyota trucks make them look like they skipped the paint, and just clearcoated the primer.

/ Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #114  
I think Ford/New Holland blue looks good and holds up well to aging. Red and orange seem more prone to fading.

Red, orange, and yellow will fade faster than other colors, blue, green, and purple are made with more stable pigments. But this is if made with organic pigments.

For example, if yellow paint derives its color from the mineral sulfur, it'll never fade. To get a stable color organics need to be avoided.

Personally, I'm good with any color except orange. I've nothing against Kubota, I've just never liked the color and have never owned anything that color outside of a pumpkin.

/ Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #115  
I took a bright white sheet of computer paper and wiped a blob of driveway mud on the sheet of paper. Let it dry. Took to the Ford dealer and asked him to match as close as possible.
I've been trying to find a Texas Red Dirt color. 3 miles in/out on a dirt road really makes my white vehicles look like the devil.

/ Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #116  
Started to wonder whether we would ever start seeing posts of people giving their tractors custom paint jobs to match their own color preferences.

It always jars me when I see a vintage tractor painted a different color than OEM, no matter how good the paint job.
At our last July 4th parade we had a number of Military tractors painted in either sand, olive drab, or good ol' haze grey.

/ Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #117  
1696254194708.png

Not mine, just a photo stolen off the 'net.

I always like the red & grey of the older Ford's.

/ Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #119  
Not brand, but color.

I mean all Fords vehicles aren't blue, and all Chevy's aren't red, and Toyotas aren't all orange...

I have wondered why tractors have not followed the same trend? Used to be all cars were black from the factory... That somehow changed.

While I don't have anything against blue, that's what both my tractors are now. Was previously red.

Given the choice, I would pick a tan color. Kinda like coffee with cream in it tan.

What color would you pick?

8plpAYp.jpg

/ Tractor Colors~ What Would You Pick? #120  
Not brand, but color.

I mean all Fords vehicles aren't blue, and all Chevy's aren't red, and Toyotas aren't all orange...

I have wondered why tractors have not followed the same trend? Used to be all cars were black from the factory... That somehow changed.

While I don't have anything against blue, that's what both my tractors are now. Was previously red.

Given the choice, I would pick a tan color. Kinda like coffee with cream in it tan.

What color would you pick?

8plpAYp.jpg
Red is a very tractorly colour, I find. So that is always my first thought.
There was a time (in the 80's?) you could choose from four heritage colours in Agco tractors: DavidBrown white, White silver, Moline yellow ( I think) and one more.
And I have seen a Lamborghini tractor offered in fancy colour and striping.
Isn't there a brand right now where you can choose glossy black instead of regular?