Tractor died - now trying to troubleshoot - issue seems to be electrical

/ Tractor died - now trying to troubleshoot - issue seems to be electrical #21  
Given the test you showed earlier, it's extremely unlikely that the battery itself is the issue. Beg, borrow or buy a volt meter, and a pack of 'clip leads'. Scrounge up some small gauge wire, about 10-15' long. Then we can talk about troubleshooting.

/ Tractor died - now trying to troubleshoot - issue seems to be electrical #22  
Anyone who owns a tractor should
have a parts list for their tractor so
is someone tells them about a part
they can find it. Also a parts list has
part numbers so if need be you can
order or find the part you need.

willy

/ Tractor died - now trying to troubleshoot - issue seems to be electrical
Hey All. Just following up as I don't want to be 'that guy' that posts a problem and leaves the post un-answered. Long story short - bad connections. Thinking we had a starter issue, I disconnected the battery and starter, removing it from the tractor. After a test proving that the starter was good, I cleaned ALL the contacts, put it back together and it started right up when I turned the key. Moral of my story - CHECK YOUR CONTACTS! Thanks all!!!!

/ Tractor died - now trying to troubleshoot - issue seems to be electrical #24  
Glad you got it solved and it was an easy fix. Thanks for the update.

/ Tractor died - now trying to troubleshoot - issue seems to be electrical #25  
Glad you got it going and thanks for the feed back.

/ Tractor died - now trying to troubleshoot - issue seems to be electrical #26  
Hey All. Just following up as I don't want to be 'that guy' that posts a problem and leaves the post un-answered. Long story short - bad connections. Thinking we had a starter issue, I disconnected the battery and starter, removing it from the tractor. After a test proving that the starter was good, I cleaned ALL the contacts, put it back together and it started right up when I turned the key. Moral of my story - CHECK YOUR CONTACTS! Thanks all!!!!
As others have said, thanks for closing the loop.

best,

ed