Tractor flip

/ Tractor flip #22  
Lost a friend whose 9N flipped onto him. City guy with first tractor tried to pull bushes in his yard. They didn't budge so he hooked up short & 'high' not knowing he was inviting danger. His teen-age Daughters were watching, got burned and dirty trying to grab, push, or pull something. The steering wheel had caught him in the chest. It was too late to help him. RIP, Brad.

/ Tractor flip #23  
I have seen that post. I believe that was posted back in 2018 and may have actually occurred even earlier.

/ Tractor flip #24  
There a reason for long chains / cables. Pull from solid ground, not the bog the stuck vehicle is in.
I used to pull 4x4 vehicles out of the mud when fishing at Folsom lake.
I carried a 200 foot rope with me.
I addition to pulling from solid ground, the rope would stretch and pull even harder when you hit resistance.

/ Tractor flip #25  
why didn't he push in the clutch when it started lifting?

/ Tractor flip #27  
Pushing in the clutch that quickly takes good reactions. I was driving our Allis-Chalmers B in my early teens, let it roll back down a not too steep incline instead of using reverse, then popped the clutch to start forward. That front end shot up so quickly it was only instant reflex action that I hit the clutch again before being crushed. When the tractor came down it snapped the pivot bolt on the front axle, an indication I really had good height. I had visions of that incident when I first saw this video several years ago.

/ Tractor flip #28  
Glad I have rops.

/ Tractor flip #29  
Pushing in the clutch that quickly takes good reactions. I was driving our Allis-Chalmers B in my early teens, let it roll back down a not too steep incline instead of using reverse, then popped the clutch to start forward. That front end shot up so quickly it was only instant reflex action that I hit the clutch again before being crushed. When the tractor came down it snapped the pivot bolt on the front axle, an indication I really had good height. I had visions of that incident when I first saw this video several years ago.
Plus as the front end starts to come up you are out of normal position and balance.