Tractor rear PTO vs skidsteer snowblower

/ Tractor rear PTO vs skidsteer snowblower #31  
no, i shoot out both dry and wet snow. mind you, real wet snow would involve swapping to plow. but i also had issues blowing real wet snow with my old pto rear blower. I have HST, no creeper gear. and i can move pretty fast. no wheres near the speed of the plow, but pretty dang fast.

i try and hit roads when it gets to 6-8" standing, but have been caught with 18"+ overnight snow. i really dont have any issues with shooting it 40 feet away. I dont have a turbo on my unit. But have been blowing it with this setup for 11 years now. I did 14 years with PTO rear attached unit on old tractor.

/ Tractor rear PTO vs skidsteer snowblower
I ended up getting a Erskine 2420 79" for the skid. They size the motor specifically for the hydraulic flow rate of your skid (mine was 27 GPM). It clears very well, I likely drove too fast while clearing and it caused bumps in my driveway, so I guess there is a thing as too fast.

I have a tracked machine and on regular snow traction is not an issue, but we had freezing rain before one of the snowstorms and driving up the small grade towards my garage was kind of a clown show.

/ Tractor rear PTO vs skidsteer snowblower #33  
I-was doing a generator maint job several years ago and i watched a guy trying to clear road on a tracked skid steer on a hill. He slid all the way to the bottom when he was about half done, and could not get back up the hill. He probably left it there until melt off. . . . But not sure. All i know he was just sitting there spinning tracks on ice.

/ Tractor rear PTO vs skidsteer snowblower #34  
I ended up getting a Erskine 2420 79" for the skid. They size the motor specifically for the hydraulic flow rate of your skid (mine was 27 GPM). It clears very well, I likely drove too fast while clearing and it caused bumps in my driveway, so I guess there is a thing as too fast.

I have a tracked machine and on regular snow traction is not an issue, but we had freezing rain before one of the snowstorms and driving up the small grade towards my garage was kind of a clown show.
I think we had the same storm system. The snow is no big deal, but that bottom layer of glaze ice is hard to deal with. Some of our highways and secondary roads are still sheets of ice. Not fun in a 2wd service van (work). Yesterday interstate 94 seemed clear of ice by late afternoon (finally), at least "out west" anyway.

/ Tractor rear PTO vs skidsteer snowblower #35  

They make carbide studs for the tracks or if you want more aggressive I’ve seen bolt on cleats.