Tractor rear PTO vs skidsteer snowblower

/ Tractor rear PTO vs skidsteer snowblower #11  
To me having both a SS and tractor, the maneuverability of a SS is unnecessary blowing snow, the rigid frame is a negative for traction and the hydraulic transfer of power vs mechanically puts me favoring a tractor.
Now if you have a CTL vs a wheeled machine, it's even worse traction over tires & chains.
Ideally I'd like a front mounted blower pto driven blower and a hydro transmission or in my case, a creeper gear on the tractor. This of course for me would mean another tractor 😆 'cause I'm not giving up my tractor and V plow. View attachment 770675
Who doesn't want another "tool in the drawer". 👍
Did you fab the plow mount? Is there a thread on it?

/ Tractor rear PTO vs skidsteer snowblower
The skid is a SVL65 (tracked) high flow, 27GPM - cab
The tractor is a Deutz 6130ttv - cab

This is all for personal use on my driveway (500ft + large turnaround), the problem is the drifts, else I would normally love to just plow it. The area is all flat.

Unfortunately I didn't opt for the front PTO on my tractor as it would have been like 15k.

/ Tractor rear PTO vs skidsteer snowblower #13  
The skid is a SVL65 (tracked) high flow, 27GPM - cab
The tractor is a Deutz 6130ttv - cab

This is all for personal use on my driveway (500ft + large turnaround), the problem is the drifts, else I would normally love to just plow it. The area is all flat.

Unfortunately I didn't opt for the front PTO on my tractor as it would have been like 15k.
With those CTL hydraulic numbers, I would think that you would be looking for a blower with a 9.6 motor. Have you thought about a plow on the CTL?

/ Tractor rear PTO vs skidsteer snowblower #14  
I use a hydraulic powered SS blower mounted the cab tractor's loader. Hydraulic power is from a 21 gpm pto pump and a 3ph mounted reservoir.

I absolutely love the heated cab and the front mounted blower. Excellent visibility from the warm, comfy cab. :)

/ Tractor rear PTO vs skidsteer snowblower #15  
I use a hydraulic powered SS blower mounted the cab tractor's loader. Hydraulic power is from a 21 gpm pto pump and a 3ph mounted reservoir.

I absolutely love the heated cab and the front mounted blower. Excellent visibility from the warm, comfy cab. :)

Seems like a good compromise between the two options!

/ Tractor rear PTO vs skidsteer snowblower #16  
Were your machines even close to equally matched? I don’t see that happening if they were.
Cat skid steer 50 hp Massey Ferguson 1531 25 pto hp Massey one hands down

/ Tractor rear PTO vs skidsteer snowblower #17  
Seems like a good compromise between the two options!
It is...with a few caveats. The hydraulic blower adds a pump and 1 or more hydraulic motors to the equation...so it burns up a bit more power/fuel. Running 3/4" hydraulic lines from the pto pump to the loader mounted blower is a bit of a PITA. And lastly, co$t.

On the plus side is excellent visibility inside a comfy cab. That's a big, big deal in my opinion. The loader can get the blower high to cut down snowbanks. (Yep, i've had to do that several times!) No shear pins! :) Often times a rock jam can be cleared by simply reversing the blower direction.

Would I do it again? No question. Living in the snowy Tug Hill Region of New York it suits my needs really well.

Don't skimp on pto power, and make sure the pump and the blower hydraulics are correctly matched.

/ Tractor rear PTO vs skidsteer snowblower #18  
I use an ASV PT50 tracked skidsteer with an Erskine blower and a heated cab; works great. I keep my tractor and pto blower as just a backup, but haven’t used it in years (fow snow blowing, that is).

I used to plow with my truck (F350 with MVP and wings), and use the skidsteer for pushing back banks and the Noreasters (in Upstate NY), but got rid of the truck snd plow last year, so the skidsteer is my primary snow removal tool - can do it quicker with that than i could with the truck and plow.

/ Tractor rear PTO vs skidsteer snowblower #19  
One thing I would question is how easy is it going to be to get in and out of the skidsteer with a big blower on it.
I'm not a skidsteer fan I'd prefer the tractor and blower for comfort and visibility.

/ Tractor rear PTO vs skidsteer snowblower #20  
One thing I would question is how easy is it going to be to get in and out of the skidsteer with a big blower on it.
I'm not a skidsteer fan I'd prefer the tractor and blower for comfort and visibility.

Most newer skids have power quick attach. You can disconnect the implements and back up the length of the hose slack to make it easier to get out.