Tractor Shipping Cost

/ Tractor Shipping Cost #1  

MasseyWV

Elite Member
Tractor
How much does it typically cost to ship a tractor from point A to point B for a total distance of approximately 200 miles?

Last edited:
   / Tractor Shipping Cost #2  
Several variables, which include size, weight, running/not running, and what part of the country the tractor is in, and what part you are in, how big a pain in the rear the seller/buyer are...etc.
I paid $40 to get one 7K tractor home, $250 for another, both less than 25 miles. The more expensive one was due to almost twice the weight and 13'3" width, plus 2 million dollar liability insurance to load it. (they ended up settling for $500k, but required their guy to load it, driver was not allowed out of the truck until the tractor was loaded)
David from jax

/ Tractor Shipping Cost
It's a Massey 135 that weighs approximately 4000# according to tractordata.com and it is in running condition. No loading or unloading complications are anticipated, it would be a simple load/unload operation.

/ Tractor Shipping Cost #4  
   / Tractor Shipping Cost #5  
I would also suggest uship, especially if it is a long move. I had a Kubota 3600 shipped from Arizona to Missouri for about $800 about 5 years ago, which was the best deal I could find. Prices have probably gone up. Regular shipping companies did not even try to compete with them. It came on a car hauler with a Hummer and a sports car!

/ Tractor Shipping Cost
   / Tractor Shipping Cost
$250-300.
Go to uShip website and use the Shipping Price Estimator

uShip Shipping Price Estimator

I was unaware that uShip had an estimator. So my ballpark estimate of $300-$500 was pretty close afterall. This opens up a lot of possibilities and will allow me to expand my available options considerably.

/ Tractor Shipping Cost
I got a nibble on uShip but they just asked how much I was willing to pay. Do they think I'm stupid?

/ Tractor Shipping Cost #10  
I got a nibble on uShip but they just asked how much I was willing to pay. Do they think I'm stupid?

Could be ;).

I'd low ball 'em and see what happens. Maybe that goofball rookie who's on the Shipping Wars TV show will put in a bid that you can live with:D.