Tractor side SS quick attach build

/ Tractor side SS quick attach build
Pin plates are now welded on and test fit on the tractor. I have to use a small rubber mallet to tap the pins in, that will loosen up when I use it.

30 weld done.jpg
31 clearance.jpg

Almost ready for paint! I have to make a cover for the QA mechanism first.

/ Tractor side SS quick attach build #22  
mwb

Very nice clean job. I hope this fits your next tractor since I am willing to bet everything else will wear out long before your QH!

My QA is complete and has been in use for a couple of months now and I really like it. Having the ability to release both sides at once is very fast and will also allow me to add a power release in the future.

I have also completed a second set for an L3400; it has been in service for about a month. I will start a new thread now with some pics.

/ Tractor side SS quick attach build #24  
I just came across this thread; but I will say that you did an excellent job of making the SS adapter.

I just came across this thread; but I will say that you did an excellent job of making the SS adapter.

Thanks for the complement! I am very happy with it and having one twist to lock / unlock is very convenient. I notice a HUGE difference in the amount of play from the old QA - now there isn't any.

Another nice thing about this is that it is made from off-the-shelf stock; you don't have to have custom metal bent, etc.

I still haven't put a handle on the lock tube; with my forks i can easily grip the 1" tube enough to lock it but the bucket is harder because the tube is so close to the back of the bucket (about 1") -hard to get two hands around and the tube is slippery.

I did a lot of research before building this and I was surprised that no one had made one for themselves. I thought it would be a popular item and thats why I posted all the plans and parts list.

I guess more and more new machines are coming with them also... kind of like intermittent wipers - option for the first ten years then standard equipment;)

Cheers,
Mike

/ Tractor side SS quick attach build #26  
It's amazing how creative one can get to create something with the tools they have at hand. I wish I had a lathe, mill, shear, break, press and other stuff to make more complicated things; but I do the best I can with what I have.

/ Tractor side SS quick attach build #27  
Very nice build I like the one handle for changing very easy to automate. Like the idea of not climbing in and out of tractor. Thank you for sharing your plans and material list. I will be in the process of builing one for my MM M670 super gas. The previous owner hacked a cab on it, I believe its off a Interational.

Brett

/ Tractor side SS quick attach build #28  
RE:electric bobotach as shown on the skid steer forum which a 12volt LINEAR ACTUATORS with a static load of 500 lbs.Use this to switch from one piece of equiment to another without even leaving the seat.:)The pic's of the idea is in the skidsteerforum under the the home made section.Don't quote me, but I think one person got bobcat to install one for him for HUGE amount of $$$$$$$$.Another gentleman used linear actuator used one that he had as a spare,I figure that was a :cool:Idea.

I keep forgetting to post the finished pictures:mad:. I built and installed the same QA on my Dad's Kubota L3400. Here is a pic of the finished product that shows the single lock tube. I will try to get a pic of mine this weekend.

8 forks inside.jpg

Last edited:
   / Tractor side SS quick attach build #30  
You did an outstanding job on your QA.Thanks for posting, I would like to build one too, and I will come back to this post often when I start my build. Really like the one handle idea, Greg