Oil & Fuel tractor turns over but won't start

/ tractor turns over but won't start #1  

Buggs67

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti 2014 CK2510 TLB
2014 CK2510H with about 1,000 hours. It cranks over just fine but won't start. This started by the tractor not starting after I shut it down while working. It cranked fine. I stopped. Let it sit a minute and it started like normal. This happened again so I thought fuel starvation and changed the fuel filter (which needed changing). It started after that so I finished up w/out shutting it down and parked it in the garage. Now it cranks like crazy but no start. Thinking maybe gunk/crud in the tank I drained the fuel and line to the filter. Alll clean as a whistle.

I've seen other posts where it was the key, and/or relays (solenoids?). Before I start searching for them does anyone know where they might be or have other helpful information.

Thank you.

/ tractor turns over but won't start #2  
If the engine is turning over it could be fuel or it could be air starvation. Clean or replace your air filter. Make sure the air path to the intake manifold is clear. From there I'd check the fuel shutoff solenoid. It should be in the fuel line between the tank and the injection pump.

/ tractor turns over but won't start #3  
Check for fuel flow TO the inj pump..
Check that the shut off solenoid is getting power and operating correctly.. the sol is to the left of the inj pump and has 1 wire to it.. turn the key to the run position and remove the wire.. u should HEAR IT clicking on and off..

/ tractor turns over but won't start #4  
I think you'll find the shut off solenoid on the right front corner of the engine timing cover. The same style many Kubota engines use. When it operates (both on and off) it's a very noticeable click. Not something you would overlook.

/ tractor turns over but won't start
Thanks all. I will check the air cleaner; something I hadn't considered.

Finding the solenoid is half the battle. While I'm familiar with gas engines this is my first experience with diesel.

/ tractor turns over but won't start
Check for fuel flow TO the inj pump..
Check that the shut off solenoid is getting power and operating correctly.. the sol is to the left of the inj pump and has 1 wire to it.. turn the key to the run position and remove the wire.. u should HEAR IT clicking on and off..
Is there a relay that supplies power to the solenoid? or is the power coming directly from the ignition switch? I've seen on this forum when non-start issues were a bad ignition switch (I guess not supplying power to the relay or solenoid).