Tractor vs Skid Steer Loader Specs

/ Tractor vs Skid Steer Loader Specs #51  
If you are going to be lifting max amount on a regular basis you would be wise to look at the skid steer. The front end of a tractor will take a beating doing that where a skid steer is designed to handle that kind of work.
We have a skid steer, tractor with loader. But we use a log loader for loading logs.

Attachments

• IMG_20220801_190335.jpg
    IMG_20220801_190335.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 74
   / Tractor vs Skid Steer Loader Specs #52  
The tractor bush hogs a pasture better, but that's about it.
My 7' front brush hog is better than the tractor and rear brush hog that I sold when I got the compact telehandler:
PA010003.JPG
PA010016.JPG

/ Tractor vs Skid Steer Loader Specs #53  
My 7' front brush hog is better than the tractor and rear brush hog that I sold when I got the compact telehandler:
View attachment 781074View attachment 781075
Yeah but he's talking skid steer for logs. That thing you got won't stay up in the woods. Too heavy and small tires. We use one of those doing metal buildings with a basket on front. I'll bet you I can clear an acre of jungle with a skid steer with a bush hog faster than you can. Flip that high flow on and get after it. I'm sure yours is good for your use. But, if he's fooling with logs, tracked skid steer is better.

/ Tractor vs Skid Steer Loader Specs #54  
The tires are bigger than normal skid steer tires:

PB260007.JPG

I don't do logs, but it handles dead trees that look like logs just fine in the woods:

P9130042.JPG
P9130045.JPG
P9130046.JPG
P9130047.JPG
P9130049.JPG
P9130051.JPG

And this little tree:

PB020022.JPG
PB020028.JPG
PB020032.JPG

/ Tractor vs Skid Steer Loader Specs #55  
We use one of those doing metal buildings with a basket on front.
A compact telehandler or a full-size?
I'll bet you I can clear an acre of jungle with a skid steer with a bush hog faster than you can. Flip that high flow on and get after it.
Possibly, but not likely. Why would a skid steer be faster?

/ Tractor vs Skid Steer Loader Specs #56  
Compact must be, it's not a big one.

A skid steer will be a blur with high flow and a bush hog. You just don't know.

/ Tractor vs Skid Steer Loader Specs #58  
We have a skid steer, tractor with loader. But we use a log loader for loading logs.
Right tool for the right job.
Beautiful Mack.

Last edited:
   / Tractor vs Skid Steer Loader Specs #59  
I think the compact telehandler with the right tires and high flow or a JCB teleskid on tracks would be excellent all around tool.

Problem is, even the used ones are pretty spendy. The compact telehandler s been out a long time and may be more affordable.

If they could make a road speed telehandler with high flow, it might be worth a look for me for bales, front bush hog and land clearing work. With a set of rear hydraulic remotes, it could pull a wheel rake for hay.
The JCB is still a bit of a toy.

Last edited:
   / Tractor vs Skid Steer Loader Specs #60  
I have operated a skid steer.

You have not operated my machine. You just don't know.

View attachment 781159View attachment 781160View attachment 781161
Yes , we took some of your machines and cleaned up after a hurricane in homestead Florida. You got paid based on loads. We had grapples on all machines. Those like yours had the o regular operators on them. They had solid filled tires because there is no place to get a tire right after a hurricane. I'm an hour from Texas where I live. I got 8 loads a day being loaded with a skid steer. I don't think any of those others got 5 loads, maybe one of them did get 5, so we'll say one got 5. That group didn't even go to Lake Charles with us.