Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,091  
I think it's going to be more than enough to keep up with. Got lots of clearing to do.

I grew up on 5 and then 10. Never thought I'd be able to own that much. I thought 10 was heaven. The layout and terrain makes a big difference.
The forest can take care of itself... It doesn't need help. :)

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,094  
The forest can take care of itself... It doesn't need help. :)
It was partially logged about 12 years ago so there is a mess in some places from that and storm damage. Plus, I want to use it and have access to all of it. Need to cut more roads and get deer stands up as well a gun range.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,095  
Remember this load of firewood my friend and me cut, some time ago,

Resized-20220924-164943-S.jpg

Anyway, it was sunny 70 today and he came over this afternoon to help split it, so we got set up and started splitting it,

Resized-20221022-145056-S.jpg

We rolled those big brutes right onto the splitters beam and fairly quickly filled the metal tote with some nice splits,

Resized-20221022-163440-S.jpg

then got started filling my "self unloading" trailer,

Resized-20221022-144904-S.jpg

With THAT full, I needed even more room, so I went for my snowmobile trailer, and we filled that too!

Resized-20221022-163729-02-S.jpg

Soon we will be back to the woods, getting him a load too!

SR

Last edited:
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,096  
Been cutting and moving some logs as well on another propriety, using my recently converted dump trailer. Still need to carry all of that back home (45 miles) to be split and stored.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,097  
It's crossed my mind but I think I'm always away from that
No such thing if you’re going to work in the brush but if you ever plan on taking a standard cab excavator into the woods make sure it has a cab guard minimum.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,098  
E4BFDB2E-6BE8-44C5-A678-109732ADB6FB.jpeg
This should be interesting to try, head hasn’t been ran in almost 30 years and was last used on a JD 555 crawler loader. It’s a heck of a lot slower then running what I’m used to that’s for sure.
294623B0-9CCA-4B60-A5AD-B8EB7DA7AD08.jpeg
New log loader sure worked good for a load in a pinch.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,100  
Been cutting and moving some logs as well on another propriety, using my recently converted dump trailer. Still need to carry all of that back home (45 miles) to be split and stored.

That was a neat tour through town. A very different kind of place than I have seen before (y) Thanks for posting.

gg