Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,012  
LogDeck2.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,014  
Welcome to the club... and it's a big one!!!

That's the biggest reason I don't have one.
I really can't complain, mines been pretty reliable, and what repairs I have had are mostly replacing hydraulic hoses.

DCP02521.jpg

IF, I was taking many jobs for others, I'd replace every original hose on it as when I bought it, I think every hose on it was original and started to leak.

I haven't had any "major" problems and it starts and runs like new, and when I really need to move something like a big load of logs through a muddy spot, it always gets the job done.

IMG-3035-S.jpg

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,015  
Sawyer Rob, what is your Dozer and how old? I’m pretty sure it’s a Case. I’m guessing mid 1980’s?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,016  
I never looked up the exact year, but early 70's is my guess, and it is a Case, I've owned it more than 20 years...

In these older dozers, I much prefer Case over deere, as if you let an older deere dozer sit around like this one something does, you will have stuck steering clutches and a repair bill.

I also like the way the Case dozers have full power to both tracks, even in turns, so when pushing with the blade loaded, both tracks have power to them in turns instead of being a "skid steer".

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,017  
I never looked up the exact year, but early 70's is my guess, and it is a Case, I've owned it more than 20 years...

In these older dozers, I much prefer Case over deere, as if you let an older deere dozer sit around like this one something does, you will have stuck steering clutches and a repair bill.

I also like the way the Case dozers have full power to both tracks, even in turns, so when pushing with the blade loaded, both tracks have power to them in turns instead of being a "skid steer".

SR
I looked at an older 350 JD a few years ago and this is just why I didn't buy it.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,019  
Man SR, I wish I had a dozer!!
Skip the dozer for a track skidder a lot more handy and easier to work on then the little Cases machines.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,020  
I looked at an older 350 JD a few years ago and this is just why I didn't buy it.
Try to find a D4H TSK a little bigger easier to work on, factory swinger/single arch grapple with winch/ or just winch machines with high drives and made to work in the woods from day one.