Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,021  
Skip the dozer for a track skidder a lot more handy and easier to work on then the little Cases machines.
Easier to work on?? That skid hasn't been invented yet!! lol

I don't need "handier", IO need a dozer so thankyouverymuch, I'll be keeping mine.

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,022  
First use of the new Frostbite grapple, bringing in last years cut firewood for next winters burning.

Attachments

• mgrap2.JPG
    mgrap2.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 78
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,023  
Easier to work on?? That skid hasn't been invented yet!! lol

I don't need "handier", IO need a dozer so thankyouverymuch, I'll be keeping mine.

SR
Yes easier to work on a track skidder any day, it’s based on a high track design with the sprocket in the center of the track up high. It’s a dozer based machine with extra capability vs just being a dozer it’s also made to pull. I’ve spent a lot of hours around both style and will gladly have a high track machine just for ease of service in the long haul.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,024  
Each to their own, I've owned and repaired both, I don't have much use for a skid when it comes to dozing, no comparison actually.

Tracks are easier on a skid, but how often do you do tracks on a dozer? They are more of a problem on a skid...

The rest of the repairs favor the dozer, but what do I know, I've only been owning dozers since the 70's and running them since long before that.

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,025  
Each to their own, I've owned and repaired both, I don't have much use for a skid when it comes to dozing, no comparison actually.

Tracks are easier on a skid, but how often do you do tracks on a dozer? They are more of a problem on a skid...

The rest of the repairs favor the dozer, but what do I know, I've only been owning dozers since the 70's and running them since long before that.

SR

A tracked skid steer is a substantial improvement over the fairly small wheeled skid steer you had. A CTL can do a multitude of task where a dozer can only push things but the skid steer can’t come close to the pushing power the dozer has.
IMG_2634.JPG

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,026  
I had a tracked skid, they are NO dozer, UNLESS you buy the latest greatest Case skid model that can be set up as more dozer than skid, but it's designed to be both.

I've heard this before, a skid will push or pull like a dozer, a skid dealer here insisted it was true, so I challenged him to bring it over and we would put his big, tracked skid up against my little dozer in moving dirt, winner owns both free and clear. He started back pedaling right then...

Some people don't need a dozer, for them maybe a skid would be a better choice, but it won't be no dozer and that's for sure.

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,027  
I had a tracked skid, they are NO dozer, UNLESS you buy the latest greatest Case skid model that can be set up as more dozer than skid, but it's designed to be both.

I've heard this before, a skid will push or pull like a dozer, a skid dealer here insisted it was true, so I challenged him to bring it over and we would put his big, tracked skid up against my little dozer in moving dirt, winner owns both free and clear. He started back pedaling right then...

Some people don't need a dozer, for them maybe a skid would be a better choice, but it won't be no dozer and that's for sure.

SR
I would say you don’t know what you’re talking about when I say track skidder not track skid steer they are completely different machines.
1684083975590.jpeg
this is a track skidder they will push as well as pull.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,028  

SR

I don’t see the Case as being a big seller. It’s weight is more than what a pickup can reasonably move for one problem. And the main problem is it’s expensive. You can buy a dozer to run beside the regular CTL and have the same money invested.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,029  
I do know what a tracked skidder is, but you are right, I thought you were referring to a tracked skidsteer.

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #22,030  
I've left those chairs in the woods pretty much everywhere we have lived, at least 4 states now. Just something weird I do.
Let me guess, those stump chairs are the best looking part of Colorado?