Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #361  
By the way, no 3 point hitch log grapple users on here?

Here's my grapple - Wallenstein LX5100. This thing is great to work with.

20140317_134034.jpg

07-15-14%25281%2529.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #364  
My grapple evolved over the years as I improved it. Started with this ATI bucket grapple with added teeth

View attachment 402322

Then I adjusted the position of the hinge forward, added some curve to the tines, and added more teeth to the bucket edge

View attachment 402323

Last spring I added a tooth bar. I don't think I can make it much better now.

View attachment 402324

This one is from 2 weeks ago before all the warm weather. Loading fir headed for the saw mill.

View attachment 402325

gg
Nice tree grabber, looks like 4 bolts on each side holds it on, maybe in a couple years I'll be able to get one on mine, I hope they come with instruction's on hooking up hydraulics, cause when it comes to hydraulic rams and hoses, I'm nummer than a pounded thumb. The way I move logs now is with 2 short bolt on forks, they work, but they can be a pain, you probably already know that, and I though I was the king of modifying, I don't know how to make anything, but seams like I modify everything, I probably have way over 2 dozen modifications and accessory's on my tractor and winch.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #365  
Here's my grapple - Wallenstein LX5100. This thing is great to work with.

That looks like a very nice grapple unit. You are just teasing us with a couple pics, What can you tell us about operating it. I see you have a winch too. How do you divide the work between the two of them ?? Thanks

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #366  
Yes, hemlock. The pic is from September I think(?) over at my neighbor's place. They cut some hemlock for our snowmobile club to have milled up into planking for bridges. We needed 8' planks, so they cut about half the logs into 8' lengths before I told them to stop. They thought there was no way a tractor could haul them out full length. The one in the bucket is one of those 8 footers.

Love the old winch, but the hitch bar is too low. You can see those big butts are barely off the ground.

What brand of winch is that, and how old is old, I still remember what tractor not to buy, on the educational TV show Green Acers.
On my Fransgard v-3004 I don't hook the chain down on that chain rail, I keep it hooked to the keyhole cable slide, Fransgard says not to do that or the sky will fall down, I'm so blessed to have the courage to do it anyways.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #367  
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #368  
That looks like a very nice grapple unit. You are just teasing us with a couple pics, What can you tell us about operating it. I see you have a winch too. How do you divide the work between the two of them ?? Thanksgg

That's what I had in mind (the log grapple) when I built my winch. I think it should be real dream team. I built in a provision to hang one of them on the boom, just need to "pony up" $1200 or so and I can't spare the pony's right now!:laughing:

Attachments

• DSCN3817.JPG
    DSCN3817.JPG
    314.9 KB · Views: 404
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #369  
That's what I had in mind (the log grapple) when I built my winch. I think it should be real dream team. I built in a provision to hang one of them on the boom, just need to "pony up" $1200 or so and I can't spare the pony's right now!:laughing:

Wow that's a serious looking hitch! Any info on it?! Pretty awesome!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #370  
Nice tree grabber, looks like 4 bolts on each side holds it on, maybe in a couple years I'll be able to get one on mine, I hope they come with instruction's on hooking up hydraulics, cause when it comes to hydraulic rams and hoses, I'm nummer than a pounded thumb. The way I move logs now is with 2 short bolt on forks, they work, but they can be a pain, you probably already know that, and I though I was the king of modifying, I don't know how to make anything, but seams like I modify everything, I probably have way over 2 dozen modifications and accessory's on my tractor and winch.

That Dodge dump truck is cool! I need one of those! (0: