Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #741  
I did some splitting a few weeks ago. I'm posting the pictures as inspiration to get me out there after work to get some more done.

FullSizeRender.jpgIMG_1262.jpgWoodPile.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #742  
Lately my Hot-Rod Prius has been my wood tractor! I can get about 1/4 face cord safely in the back.

I think I've spoiled the Massey a bit too much, since she's pretty much just been remanded for snow-work (my place, my sub, and a couple other small snow accounts).... I guess it's my fault for letting her get away with it, she's tucked nicely in the barn.

Attachments

• IMAG0784.jpg
    IMAG0784.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 269
  • IMAG0785.jpg
    IMAG0785.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 304
  • ForumRunner_20150117_181650.png
    ForumRunner_20150117_181650.png
    432.2 KB · Views: 327
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #743  
Lately my Hot-Rod Prius has been my wood tractor! I can get about 1/4 face cord safely in the back.

I think I've spoiled the Massey a bit too much, since she's pretty much just been remanded for snow-work (my place, my sub, and a couple other small snow accounts).... I guess it's my fault for letting her get away with it, she's tucked nicely in the barn.

Oh man, that's hilarious!! I have a Vermont cart (the larger model) that fits the same amount of wood. Of course I can't drive it down the highway, though.

So, are you using the Prius to move wood around the property, or bringing it home from elsewhere?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #744  
Oh man, that's hilarious!! I have a Vermont cart (the larger model) that fits the same amount of wood. Of course I can't drive it down the highway, though.

So, are you using the Prius to move wood around the property, or bringing it home from elsewhere?

Lol

No, just to bring it from the wood stack into the garage.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #745  

LOL...That's too funny TSO, your the last person I thought I'd ever see do that!! :laughing:

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #746  
LOL...That's too funny TSO, your the last person I thought I'd ever see do that!! :laughing:

Lol

Well, in truth it's easier and more practical (time wise) since I don't have to start the tractor, let her warm up, swap the bucket on, load it, unload it, drive it back to the barn, swap the snow plow on, and re-park her.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #747  
Looking at all this nice fire wood then comparing it to my wood pile is making me think I shouldn't have been so lazy last fall. Generally I can get to my fire wood all winter if the pile I brought in gets low but not this winter just to much snow so I'll use what I have sparingly. Lots of nice looking fire wood pics. enjoy seeing them.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #749  
Lately my Hot-Rod Prius has been my wood tractor! I can get about 1/4 face cord safely in the back. I think I've spoiled the Massey a bit too much, since she's pretty much just been remanded for snow-work (my place, my sub, and a couple other small snow accounts).... I guess it's my fault for letting her get away with it, she's tucked nicely in the barn.
There are some suspicious pallets in the pics... Just saying.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #750