Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,621  
I like Steve, lots of good information with that guy! Seems there are more saws without that grease hole than with.. I do have one of those little greaseguns though.

For a long time the bigger pro husky saws had the hole through to grease the bearing but it seems like the newer series don’t. All the Stihl saws I have don’t have it and in someways it’s a good thing not having it one less place for stuff to build up you’re also less likely to containment the bearing with crud.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,622  
1633017968333.jpeg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,625  
I have delivered wood to people who think that is what a cord of log length firewood should look like.

gg
Bet they weren't true native Vermonters. ;)

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,626  
Bet they weren't true native Vermonters. ;)

:) - Actually I don't think there are any borders that hold back people who always think they are getting the short end of the stick. Luckily they are few and far between.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,627  
I took a scaling course years ago. The instructors said that firewood is the lowest value product we have, yet it's what they get the most complaints about.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,628  
Pulled log splitter out of it's resting place and split a few oak rounds.
Haven't used it since April, engine started on the first pull. Helps that I always shut fuel off and run it until it stops when I store it.

IMG_20210930_175831.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,629  
WADFL, Same with me, I always shut off fuel and run engine dry with all my small engines and they always start right up. That practice seems to have stopped all of my carb gummed up problems. Knock on wood (my wooden head) that I haven't just jinxed myself!! Greg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,630  
My father hadn’t used his woodsplitter in several years, it had been out in the shed, untouched until I brought it home. I had intended to drop it off for a tuneup but decided to try it instead. It started right up and I’ve been using it for 4 years, without touching anything.
Four strokes are a lot more forgiving though.