Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,681  
The Husqvarna dual can does securely carry an extra chain, swrench, files, small wedge. Features I rarely need to use in the field.

Like those no-spill type containers too. What best fits your space. Like your carry platform. Use to carry bigger containers on another tractor with bigger tool boxes.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,682  
A guy that I do quite a bit of work for, asked me to cut/split his logs into firewood for him, here's the last basket of splits,

Resized-20230304-123437-S.jpg

and I then put it with the others,

Resized-20230304-123638-S.jpg

Now, onto the next project!

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,683  
A guy that I do quite a bit of work for, asked me to cut/split his logs into firewood for him, here's the last basket of splits,

Resized-20230304-123437-S.jpg

and I then put it with the others,

Resized-20230304-123638-S.jpg

Now, onto the next project!

SR
I have a couple of those bins, seems like a pain to stack in there and then to retrieve the wood when needed.. I dont use mine.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,684  
I like the more compact No-Spill can better. And $25. I need an oil jug too, but what is the advantage of a dual can ??? I just don't see it unless your on foot cleaning a property line or something like that.

View attachment 787099

gg

I like the no spill cans as well. You're right, there is not much of an advantage to the Husqvarna can if you are out there on a tractor or SxS that can carry your gear for you.

I'm in the situation where the area where I need to get work done is on the opposite side of my property. It's mainly hardwoods and an area that dries out relatively quickly. Unfortunately, in order to get to it, much of the way out there is blocked by wetlands. The remaining routes out there get wet easily and take a long time to dry out, so I can't get there with my tractor, and often not even my SxS without tearing things up. Sometimes, I'll get as close as I can, with the SxS, then walk the rest of the way. In the worst conditions, it's a mile walk. Something like the Husqvarna combo-can would be handy for making that trip easier. However, at $100+, I'm not interested.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,685  
So the title of the thread is "tractors & wood" but since it doesn't clarify, here is my "tractor & wood" pic from this weekend!
PXL_20230305_161453777.jpg

They were too long to fit up driveway sideways, so I ratchet strapped the log arch to one end, then made a choker on this end, hooked it to the bucket and backed them right up the hill. I used the forks (sitting in the bucket) to get them off the ground for rigging the straps. Worked great, tracked straight, and made it around the corners no problem.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,686  
I have a couple of those bins, seems like a pain to stack in there and then to retrieve the wood when needed.. I dont use mine.
Agreed, unless you cut an opening in them, and I don't want to do that.

I refused to take them for years, even when they were offered to me for FREE, but I'm now taking a few of them when offered.

The reason I changed my mind is, I figured out a way of dumping them right by the window that I throw the splits down into my basement, and that takes care of the problem of easily getting the splits out of them.

Pallet forks with a matching grapple IS the secret!

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,687  
Agreed, unless you cut an opening in them, and I don't want to do that.

I refused to take them for years, even when they were offered to me for FREE, but I'm now taking a few of them when offered.

The reason I changed my mind is, I figured out a way of dumping them right by the window that I throw the splits down into my basement, and that takes care of the problem of easily getting the splits out of them.

Pallet forks with a matching grapple IS the secret!

SR
I cut an opening, leaving the top and two bottom rings intact. I can reasonably easily access the entire contents and the cage is still plenty strong for holding the wood secure.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,688  
I cut an opening, leaving the top and two bottom rings intact. I can reasonably easily access the entire contents and the cage is still plenty strong for holding the wood secure.
Same here. The IBC cages reduce the number of times I have to handle the firewood by hand and that makes it a lot more enjoyable.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,689  
I cut out one side leaving the corners for strength. Ive been using them 3-4 years and no signs of being weakened. I don't stack them so this works for me.
IMG_20190320_191452.jpg

I then cut the plastic bladders for a "roof". I can't find a current pic, but I cut an opening that lines up with the cage opening and can load & unload easily with it on. It also gives me about an extra +/-foot of wood above the top of the tote frame, so its closer to 1/2 cord each. I'll try to take a pic tonight.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,690  
I cut out one side leaving the corners for strength. Ive been using them 3-4 years and no signs of being weakened. I don't stack them so this works for me.View attachment 787187

I then cut the plastic bladders for a "roof". I can't find a current pic, but I cut an opening that lines up with the cage opening and can load & unload easily with it on. It also gives me about an extra +/-foot of wood above the top of the tote frame, so its closer to 1/2 cord each. I'll try to take a pic tonight.
I only have one of these and am actively searching for more. I handle my wood too much (what did I say) anyway, with my loader forks for moving I like them. I cut the one I have just as you have. Plans are to go right from the splitter into the bins. I have some metal lying around looking for a project, planning a simple open sided drying covered area for these totes.

Mike