trail brush maintenance - Samurai Cutter - Sicklebar or similar option?

/ trail brush maintenance - Samurai Cutter - Sicklebar or similar option?
if it works as good as the videos, and lasts, it sure would make the job easy, maybe even enjoyable.

/ trail brush maintenance - Samurai Cutter - Sicklebar or similar option? #33  
It works for these good ol boys.

good video there, I just wish there was more info out there, and other than what was published by the manufacturer.
Sure does 'look' like it would be a great solution for my situation.

/ trail brush maintenance - Samurai Cutter - Sicklebar or similar option? #35  
I have the same type of fence row trail clearing. I said to heck with privacy and took out the scrub and left the tall trees. Once a year I use a small push mower around the 3 rows of trees to clip the small sprouts and the trail gets cut with the Cub Cadet. Yes, it was a bunch of work on my hands and knees cutting everything flush to the ground but it looks nice now. We have Buck-thorn that never stops invading uncut areas.:mad:

Last edited:
the trail gets cut with the Cub Cadet.

My wife does the same, and anything else she can run over, which is why she got 2 new deck belts for Christmas (for real), she uses it like a mini bush hog. It's lasted 10+ years, so while not pristine, it works.

CC_Bush_Hog.jpg Xmas_Belts.jpg

/ trail brush maintenance - Samurai Cutter - Sicklebar or similar option? #37  
If you really want to get serious ...

that thing is awesome!

/ trail brush maintenance - Samurai Cutter - Sicklebar or similar option? #39  
I really wish I could find some actual user / owner feedback on the Stout Designs unit. I would also be curious if they could make a hydraulic motor powered version that could run off a third function.

/ trail brush maintenance - Samurai Cutter - Sicklebar or similar option? #40  
That is an intriguing unit. If it could stand up to Rhododendrons, I'd have to seriously consider it to keep our roads from growing in.